Banana Not Pooping

number20121

So Banana lives with me for about 78 hours now and I have seen only two small, thin poopies.

I haven't fed her a lot yet, but all together she must have had 7 saki hikari pellets, 1/3 pea and my hubby fed her a large tropical pellet yesterday, size equals about 5 saki hikari I'd say.

Shouldn't she have pooped more than that? I don't know if the filter just does a great job and takes care of the waste efficiently or if she is constipated. She acts normal, busy, doesn't like being in the QT tub, desperately wants some food (she hasn't been fed yet today).

What should I do? I know goldfish don't starve easily, but with her just getting her I don't want to deny her required nutrition if the filter is just to blame. Should I wait until tomorrow and then give her another squished pea half?

Should I give her 3 saki hikari or half a pea now and remove the filter and see if poop collects in the tub, to make sure about what it is?

The thing is since she is much smaller than I thought - not super tiny - I'd like for her to get a bit of a grow spurt like Vanille and Chibi did before Banana goes in with the bigger fish. I used to feed Vanille 3 or 4 times daily, a few pellets at a time and she grew half an inch in 24 days.

They are always a little shy at first :) My Ryukins had never been hand fed - they ignored my hand for the first weeks and seemed to think that food 'fell from the sky', but now when I put a finger right above the water line they all go nuts!

My fish usually get used to me fast when they associate me with FOOD, and that didn't happen yet with Banana.

Anyway, last night I fed her twice small portions, and this morning there was a nice 1 inch poopie in the tank, stuck behind the small glass ornament. So I fed her again 3 pellets half an hour ago and since I'm off today, she'll get several more of those mini portions so she can start fatten up.