Just Awful...

Haha! They can be a bit of an acquired taste, especially some of the more extreme ones. I'm sure he'll grow to love them, my bf was never that interested in mine and thought they were ugly until I got a crowned pearlscale, he doesn't like the brain growths on orandas. Now he loves tiku pearlscales, has his own tank that he is responsible for maintaining and is already planning an upgrade, he wants a little indoor pond full of pearlies one day, it's just about finding the right fish for the man!

• 1 month later...

i never cared for orandas much either always looked to me like they were stung by a bazillion bees in the face lol

but i wont have any other kind of goldie except the telescope eye i think those are right adorable when i got my 80 gallon my bf kept saying "what a waste of a nice tank to fill it with goldfish"

i told him to wait and see after iset it up and could stop telling me how jelous he was and how lovely my fish look in it :)

My bf doesn't really care what kind of fish I get--he just wants me to be happy. He's letting me keep 4 tanks of fish at his house already and says I can put up more if I'd like. And he plans to make me a pond next spring. Also, I have 3 tanks up at my house and can put in whatever I want. :yeah: Hopefully your fiance will come around once he realizes how important your goldies are to you. :)

My boyfriend always claims he hates them too! However, i have been giving him more responsibility - like water changes once in a while. And he seems to be growing very fond of a few. I let him name McQueen so he considers him 'his' fish!

It is funny, alot of you say my boy friend or my husband, with me it's just the opposite my wife can't stand them. My sister came down from Maine for the Christmas visit last night, first thing out of her mouth was...............they look big enough to fry! So I hit her with the :wa Koko Stick! Many times!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl My brother totally dislikes them too! He doesn't understand how you can have fish as pets/hobby - then again - he was dumb enough to throw a fair won goldie in the sea.... :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

My mom claims she doesn't like them - but I constantly catch her staring at them!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl The other day she even told me she would get a tank if it wasn't so much work! I told her I would even go over for the weekly w/c. :D

Mine doesn't show any interest in the maintenance of my animals but he will help with picture taking occasionally.He also acts up about dog poop (or frog poop). It is really good that we didn't have human babies! A hair stylist once said "he's just a man".Luckily we have some other things in common :angelstaf:

I have never seen him looking at my fish just to check them out or admire them or anything:(

But goldfish ARE beautiful! When I asked my mom to look at the pictures of golfishes in the picture section, she just said ,'' I'm NOT interested. Besides, I don't like fish.'' Sheesh. :(

Not many know how to appreciate beauty of these fishes.

Edited by Dawn

• 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend always claims he hates them too! However, i have been giving him more responsibility - like water changes once in a while. And he seems to be growing very fond of a few. I let him name McQueen so he considers him 'his' fish!

How could you?! LOL! I've tried, I really have, to let hubby do water changes or whatever, but I just can't do it. I stand over him the whole time, "you missed a spot", "that's not how you do that" or "no, that's ok, I'll just do it myself"! LOL. If he doesn't do something EXACTLY like I do, in my eyes, he's doing it WRONG!