Kitchen Betta's New Apartment

devilduck

Very nice :) I love the natural look :) what is the thing on the back right wall though???

looks like a filter to me.. :S if it is thats a pretty cool looking internal/submersible filter

It is indeed a filter! It's an Elite Stingray 15, it's got 2 plastic mesh boxes of gravel type stuff inside and the pointy bit has sponge in it, there's not a huge amount of media for the space inside, I can take some pics if people are interested, but the flowrate's good. I might move the filter to the left corner where it's darker and it won't be so obvious, it might encourage KB to go in the light more, at the moment the current's highest where the light's brightest so he seems to stay in the darker side more!

It is indeed a filter! It's an Elite Stingray 15, it's got 2 plastic mesh boxes of gravel type stuff inside and the pointy bit has sponge in it, there's not a huge amount of media for the space inside, I can take some pics if people are interested, but the flowrate's good. I might move the filter to the left corner where it's darker and it won't be so obvious, it might encourage KB to go in the light more, at the moment the current's highest where the light's brightest so he seems to stay in the darker side more!

I like the way it looks. Do you think that one might work for a 2.5 gallon tank? i read they make a 5 , too. My filter only seems to be moving the water around a little bit...

What kind of rock is the white one.

Love your design.

If it's just for a betta or a few tropicals sure, but I wouldn't use it for anything poopier, there's not a massive amount of media in it as I said before :) Some bettas don't like a huge amount of current though, depends on the individual fish, and you don't have to have a filter, I only got my bettas filters because I wanted to put crushed coral in them as my pH was crashing, they didn't have filters for months before that.

The white rock is a big lump of quartz, you can get rose quartz as well. It's aquarium safe and gives a great effect as well as not being too sharp :)