A Great Big Thank You!

molbert73

That is going to be sooo sweet! If I buy some teles from the auction could you keep 'em for me? :Congrats:

No, wait...

Tay realized that she's the kingpin enabler and she had to put a disclaimer in her sig... :pp

Thanks everyone! :)

Haruka, I love the disclaimer! So funny.

I can't wait to get this thing set up. I'm like a kid on Christmas right now. Oh wait, it is Christmas for me at the moment.

The batmobiles ready incase you want some new fish :D

So that brings me to my question. Can I transfer my current filter and some other things from my existing tank along with some of the water to the new tank? I will also have to buy another filter.

Or do I have to do a fishless cycle on the new tank before I can move stuff in?

Well, is the current filter the one you have on your old tank? You don't want to take it away from the old tank. It's better if you do a fishless cycle on the new tank with just clean water. Since water willh ave nothing to do with cycling. Then you can take a bit of media from your old tank and put it in the new tank filter to get the cycle going and fishless cycle from there. This will seed your new filters :D

Well, is the current filter the one you have on your old tank? You don't want to take it away from the old tank. It's better if you do a fishless cycle on the new tank with just clean water. Since water willh ave nothing to do with cycling. Then you can take a bit of media from your old tank and put it in the new tank filter to get the cycle going and fishless cycle from there. This will seed your new filters :D

Oh yeah, I wouldn't take it away from the current fish if they were to stay in the old tank.

I was thinking move everything over to new tank (including the 2 existing fish) and add another filter. Would that sort of simulate a large water change or would it not work well? I would of course monitor everything closely if I did end up going this route.

That's the route im going to take when I get my big tank running. But im moving two filters over and leaving one on the old tank while the filters circulate for a little while. The filters don't need to run on the new tank for very long.

Awesome! How many gallons is it? I'd come over in an instant if I was living close enough :D

It's 60 gallons. It is still on sale at pet$mart for $269. Includes tank, stand, and hood.

WOW!! that was a steal. Can't wait to see it set up! Good Luck.

Awesome! How many gallons is it? I'd come over in an instant if I was living close enough :D

It's 60 gallons. It is still on sale at pet$mart for $269. Includes tank, stand, and hood.

WOW!! that was a steal. Can't wait to see it set up! Good Luck.

Yeah, so I suggest all you big talkers run over there and pick one up so that you can get a few more fish :yeah: