Light Fixtures For Goldfish Tanks?

Deku

What are some light fixtures that bring out goldfish colors? Not only that, but lights that improve their coloration. Lights should bring out whites, reds, orange, blues and yellows and blacks.

Do these bulbs have a slightly purplish light? The bulbs in my tank don't say colormaxx or anything like that, but they have a slight purple tint to it and it really brings out the colors of my fish!

Hmm?

Do these bulbs have a slightly purplish light? The bulbs in my tank don't say colormaxx or anything like that, but they have a slight purple tint to it and it really brings out the colors of my fish!

Hmm?

they are asking the other poster not the OP(original poster) which is you XD. i usually find that bright fluorescent lights usually do a good job with fish and color. the color of the background also helps as well. i have seen blue backgrounds with black gravel and fluorescent lights do very well when it comes to color. it just depends really on how light bounces off and what not. but tinted lights could help, as well as bright ones as well imo.

Hmm?

they are asking the other poster not the OP(original poster) which is you XD. i usually find that bright fluorescent lights usually do a good job with fish and color. the color of the background also helps as well. i have seen blue backgrounds with black gravel and fluorescent lights do very well when it comes to color. it just depends really on how light bounces off and what not. but tinted lights could help, as well as bright ones as well imo.

ok :o

Yes, flourescent lights do work very well and I think that's what you hae Fang. I have them as well. The other lights give an ugly yellow tint to it and really aren't good for fishie tanks. :o I believe they're called incandescent lights.

Edited by Haruka

Yes, flourescent lights do work very well and I think that's what you hae Fang. I have them as well. The other lights give an ugly yellow tint to it and really aren't good for fishie tanks. :o I believe they're called incandescent lights.

i prefer the white one

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry it's been a busy week and haven't been on koko's much.

YES they do have a purpleish tint and I agree they REALLY bring out the color.. I love the way those bulbs look! :)

i was thinking of using a uv bulb

I have heard that UV light can damage a fishies eyes. Hopefully a pro can come in to confirm or debunk this.

How? they get uvb in ponds.

I've had good luck with my Hagen bulbs. I think I have the Life Glo in my hoods after doing a little side-by-side comparison of all the Hagen bulbs at the local big-box fish store. They were willing to put bulbs into one of their display tank's hoods so I could compare the look.