Celestial Eye Question!

Migaloo

I am very intrigued by celestial eye goldfish - I would love to get one - they are so cute!

I was wandering what colours they come it - I have only ever seen them in orange. Do they come it other colours too?

I would think that they should come in other colors but I've only ever seen them in orange as well :idont

You'll also want to be careful with tank set up and keep them with moors and other telescopes most likely since they're equally vision impaired. Are there any in your area? :D

LOL my post above says "it" insead of "in" and not once, but TWICE! :hummm

I saw a little baby one the other day at the LFS - it was soooo cute, but I would prefer one a little larger than what that one was.

I dont see them very often, but I can order one through another LFS.

I have 3 teles (2 moor and a panda) in my tank already and they do very well with my other fish - so would a celestial eye be ok in there too?

Good point. I've seen mostly orange so far. Never seen one that isn't yet but celestials have become incredibly rare in my area.:(

The celestial should be fine with your teles.

I googled too! I like the idea of orange and white... hmmm.... now the hard part will be to find one like that! :unsure:

I wonder why they are so scarce... they are so interesting to look at. Perhaps they just aren't that popular!

I've seen calico celestials at one time or another at my LFS...actually they're kinda cool...but not for me. They sorta creep me out. :tomato:

Here's a link to a photo of a somewhat calico type celestial...even the eye sacs get color!

Celestial calico

Oh wait! Migaloo is right. LOL! I've been so mesmerized that I forgot we're talking about the bubble eye!:krazy:

You're getting the koko stick, Den.:wa:tomuch:

Edited by Lupin

Oh geesh I'm sorry....

Go ahead Lupin...crack me one!

But I have seen calico/splash celestials at my LFS...

Why am I thinking bubble eyes? They creep me out too... :tomato:

Edited by blackteles

Oh wait! Migaloo is right. LOL! I've been so mesmerized that I forgot we're talking about the bubble eye!:krazy:

You're getting the koko stick, Den.:wa:tomuch:

Yes... and for a second there he got me all excited too! :SmackBottom:

I have a baby celestial :) Urkel is mostly yellow/orange with partly white tail. he is quite the character! However, I will be moving him from the 85Gal to a smaller 30Gal with Dr.House, my Moor. The problem with Urkel is that he mostly feeds from the bottom, now having added the larger (and faster fish) who feed from the top of the tank, he hardly manages to get any food at the bottom. So I do recommend that you put him with 'eye impaired' buddies. :) Also, I chose to get him as a baby because I think that is when the eyes are the funniest as they are way huge compared to the body :lol1

Thanks for the info Captain Findus! I love Urkel! :wub:

I would only get one if I could keep it in 170 gal with all my other fish - 3 teles, 1 oranda, 1 ryukin & 3 fantails - which is the reason I wanted to get a bigger celestial as I thought a bigger one would do better against the other non-tele fish. The teles have no problem whatsoever with the others, so I figured a celestial wouldnt either?? :undecided:

My moor also has no problem because she comes up to the surface and I hand feed her (she still gets more when she is alone tho). The problem with Urkel is that he thinks he is a pleco - he only gets food from the bottom, so I need to make sure some of it reaches the bottom without having the other sharks take it all before :)

Yea but having a larger fish is a good idea in this case. So you don't have to worry about bulking him up!