Show Your Fins!

Deku

Post pictures in here about your petfish!!! :D

PS. Does anyone got pics of a ryukin and a fantail. Iam getting confused, cause they look similar when I go to a petstore. Do you mind showing pictures an dpointing out differences?

You know ... lol there is a whole forum of photos of peoples fish. :) Just alittle bit down the forum :)

;3; its too much work. Cause Ill get sucked up into looking every single thread. I just wanna see every single different species of goldfish. I wanna see how good they can be and how bad they can be. You know? Like sometimes an oranda may have really bright colors and a nice flowy tail and another can be dull and have a short tail. :P

Hellos! We have a huge picture section here on Koko's... :unsure:

And as for the Ryukin vs. fantail thing, you really have to become an expert I think at differentiating the two when they're young and at pet store chains. If they're exceptionally little you can't really tell I don't think. I can tell now mainly by the shape. If you look at a baby fantail it's more narrow than a ryukin and the way the tail is set on is slightly different. I've noticed that the ryukin tail is set on slightly higher and sticks out more stiffly whereas a fantail's tail flows out straighter and loosely. The body shape of a ryukin is like a triangle. From point of his nose, to the top of his back, and down to his belly. Fantail's are more tear drop shape. :) But in reality, they're so closely related, you never really know 'til they're older. Especially if you're not buying from a breeder. :P Edit: Oh, and of course the hump. :)

As for your reply about the pictures, the only way you can learn what you like and what you don't like and what goldfish look like is to just look at pictures of our goldfish here on koko's until your eyes pop. :rofl Every goldfish is different and not all are like the stunning, expensive, top-of-the-line goldfish some people on here own. But every one is beautiful in their own ways and we all love our goldfish and that's what matters. :heart

As for different breeds, just google different goldfish breeds. I think Koko's has a section for that too actually... :rolleyes:

Edited by Rai

And as for the Ryukin vs. fantail thing, you really have to become an expert I think at differentiating the two when they're young and at pet store chains. If they're exceptionally little you can't really tell I don't think. I can tell now mainly by the shape. If you look at a baby fantail it's more narrow than a ryukin and the way the tail is set on is slightly different. I've noticed that the ryukin tail is set on slightly higher and sticks out more stiffly whereas a fantail's tail flows out straighter and loosely. The body shape of a ryukin is like a triangle. From point of his nose, to the top of his back, and down to his belly. Fantail's are more tear drop shape. :) But in reality, they're so closely related, you never really know 'til they're older. Especially if you're not buying from a breeder. :P Edit: Oh, and of course the hump. :)

As for your reply about the pictures, the only way you can learn what you like and what you don't like and what goldfish look like is to just look at pictures of our goldfish here on koko's until your eyes pop. :rofl Every goldfish is different and not all are like the stunning, expensive, top-of-the-line goldfish some people on here own. But every one is beautiful in their own ways and we all love our goldfish and that's what matters. :heart

As for different breeds, just google different goldfish breeds. I think Koko's has a section for that too actually... :rolleyes:

I think I like all goldfish, and thats what makes it sooo darn hard to choose. I like the fat ones, but I like the slender fantails and veiltails. Cause I like both looooonnnng tails and fat bodies. xD

I think I like all goldfish, and thats what makes it sooo darn hard to choose. I like the fat ones, but I like the slender fantails and veiltails. Cause I like both looooonnnng tails and fat bodies. xD

Also I like that really bright goldfish thats facing foward in your siggy. The red one. With long fins?

SolarFish, you shouldn't be so lazy. Go check through the various photo threads to see all sort of pretty fish! You will also see a lot in people's signatures, like in Rai's just now :)

Guess you're right. Ill go look atleast at 20 pics. xD I cant do them all at once(ADHD). lol.

Well, usually you only need to check the very first post in a thread as that one contains all the photos. Then up to the next thread. Takes only a minute each :)

Yes, and then if I get antsy I just run around my house. XD

Also I like that really bright goldfish thats facing foward in your siggy. The red one. With long fins?

That's Karyu, my telescope hybrid thing. :) I bought him January 17th as a baby about 1.5 inches in all. He's about 6 inches now. :D

With half of it being tail. ahaha~ ;D

Karyu2-13.jpg

Karyu1-20.jpg

He's grown since this picture was taken and I wouldn't advise doing this unless your fish is really chill~ :heart

That's Karyu, my telescope hybrid thing. :) I bought him January 17th as a baby about 1.5 inches in all. He's about 6 inches now. :D

Karyu2-13.jpg

Karyu1-20.jpg

He's grown since this picture was taken and I wouldn't advise doing this unless your fish is really chill~ :heart

I know. you're not harming it because you really arent holding it. Your hand is underneath it. If the goldfish thrashes about then it may cause scales to fall off. I had a goldfish like that. But then it died cause I decided to rescue another goldie and that one was loaded with bad gunk. :( I want that goldfish though. Where can I find one like htat? its soooo prettyyyy....

Karyu2-13.jpg

Karyu1-20.jpg

I know. you're not harming it because you really arent holding it. Your hand is underneath it. If the goldfish thrashes about then it may cause scales to fall off. I had a goldfish like that. But then it died cause I decided to rescue another goldie and that one was loaded with bad gunk. :( I want that goldfish though. Where can I find one like htat? its soooo prettyyyy....

Yepp. And you gotta be careful with their slime coat. :)

Aw, I'm sorry about your goldfish. :(

Hm. I've only ever seen like 2 telescopes around where I live. But you can sometimes find them at chain stores and local fish stores. There are a handful of goldfish breeders online that have telescopes. I doubt they're within your price range though. They're definitely not in mine. :( Check out raingarden.us and check out their goldfish. They're beautiful. Also, goldfishconnection.com will have an auction starting up tonight. While you may not be able to purchase them, they're definitely worth gazing at. ^_^

Karyu2-13.jpg

Karyu1-20.jpg

Yepp. And you gotta be careful with their slime coat. :)

Aw, I'm sorry about your goldfish. :(

Hm. I've only ever seen like 2 telescopes around where I live. But you can sometimes find them at chain stores and local fish stores. There are a handful of goldfish breeders online that have telescopes. I doubt they're within your price range though. They're definitely not in mine. :( Check out raingarden.us and check out their goldfish. They're beautiful. Also, goldfishconnection.com will have an auction starting up tonight. While you may not be able to purchase them, they're definitely worth gazing at. ^_^

Thats a telescope? Maybe if I get a blackmoor, and I start feeding it foods that promote red hues more maybe the color will change completely to red likes yours. O:

Ah! I didn't think of that. Just get a dull black moor. It'll turn orange for ya. ^.^

yeah there are no orange telescopes where I live. :o And I want it red not orange. Cause red seems a little dull. Red seems bright and colorful.

Ah! I didn't think of that. Just get a dull black moor. It'll turn orange for ya. ^.^

yeah there are no orange telescopes where I live. :o And I want it red not orange. Cause red seems a little dull. Red seems bright and colorful.

:rofl Why are you so picky about fish?

:rofl Why are you so picky about fish?

Iam picky about mostly everything. Its my defect. I like blackmoors that stay black or turn all red. xD Ill give the moor a whirl if I dont find a lion head or ranchu. See with a ranchu, I really couldnt give a butt of what it looks like in coloration. Id just pick a koi colored one and thats the end of it, hopefully if I find one with lots of personality then color and pattern is no problem. See its either color or personality.