In The Mood For More Fresh Banana?

Some more photos I took of her, in the 1 gallon bowl. She is so much smaller than she seemed at the LFS. She might be as little as Chibi, which is only about 3 inches. D'awwww! You can tell how much room she got in that 1 gallon bowl. No wonder the 50 quart QT tub looks huge with only her in it!

Anyway, this is the face I fell in love with at the LFS :heart:

Banana06.jpg

Banana05.jpg

Banana08.jpg

And a couple side views. If you look closely you can see she already does have a wen on her chubby cheeks and gills. It is clear though so in photos it doesn't show too well

Banana07.jpg

Banana04.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Thanks! These photos are showing her colors a lot better. The pics are slightly saturated, so imagine the yellow a little paler. Not a lime-yellow though, more like a pale dandelion. The only thing that worries me is that she hasn't pooped yet since I got her, even though she ate like 6 saki hikari pellets. Dunno if that in-tank filter has sucked in all the waste or if she hadn't pooped. I'm not going to give her any food today and tomorrow she might get a pea. Well, half a pea maybe, but not more.

Spicey actually is an oranda, but her wen is on vacation.

You can see the thick folded skin and a tiiiiny version of bumps. Really tiny, just in the beginning stage. I got her for... 3 months now maybe? Seems longer to me though.

Anyway, in this time she grew a lot, but the wen itself changed only insignificantly. I guess she'll always look like a baby oranda :teehee

I read somewhere though (not on Koko's I think) that bronze orandas supposedly often only grow tiny wens. However true that is, it seems to be true with little Spicey.

Banana is a lot smaller than Spicey and already has an obvious wen going on. She's gonna end up with such a fat face! :D