Bubble Eyes Safety Issues?

Deku

Does anyone have pictures of bubble eyes? I keep seeing some good ones and some bad ones. Id like to see one that represents the species as a whole. But thats beyond the point. What I would really like to know is----what precautions do I need to take with these fish?

You need to place them in a tank that is basically child proof. No ornaments with sharp edges. They would most likely di best in a barebottom tank where they can't pop their bubbles on sharp gravel pieces either. You would also probably want to cover the filter intakes so they do not get their bubbles popped on that either. They also should be put in tanks of fish with similar seeing impediments such as telescopes or other bubble eyes or celestials. No bubble eye will be different and having completely equal bubbles is going to be rarer and will be pricier.

What 5 fish do you currently have?

Edited by Haruka

You need to place them in a tank that is basically child proof. No ornaments with sharp edges. They would most likely di best in a barebottom tank where they can't pop their bubbles on sharp gravel pieces either. You would also probably want to cover the filter intakes so they do not get their bubbles popped on that either. They also should be put in tanks of fish with similar seeing impediments such as telescopes or other bubble eyes or celestials. No bubble eye will be different and having completely equal bubbles is going to be rarer and will be pricier.

What 5 fish do you currently have?

Actually I have 3. XD I thought I had 5. I mis counted. I have two commets and one ryukin. I just fed em crushed peas and krill. They're in a 55g thats going downstairs, cause its being turned into a workout room and game room. So my room is only going to have one fishtank. I wanted to keep a 55g in it. But they wouldnt allow me. So now Iam stuck with a 10g(dont have it atm) or I may buy a 15g or a 20g if I nag them. I honestly dont know what fish IAm going to keep. Iam only going to keep 1 for now. Cause I just wanna deal with one fish at this time and maybe in the future Id upgrade them to a larger tank if Iam allowed but since that may not be the case I just wanted to take some precautions. I didnt wanna put any other fish in there except a goldfish cause the only other fish I like are puffer fish, and anything round shaped. I really like round objects and animals. I was thinking I could go for a pingpong goldfish(pearlscale) cause I had it once, but it got picked on and died so it lasted a month. Sadly I shouldnt have mixed it with the larger ones. My bad on that. Now I dont wanna go for em cause a guy in another thread I made said that pearlscales are hard to care for and are extremely delicate and whatnot. So I dont wanna have it die on me and then my parents going on a rant how I cant even keep a goldfish(they do this about everything lol. Iam just avoiding probs). So I was thinking to go something Iam attracted to and wont die on me for no reason. I do like pingpong goldfish because I heard they stay perfectly round the exact shape of a pingpong to be exact. I also like orandas but they get too big for a 10g. Telescopes attract me but not that much. I prefer pearlscales, lionheads(favorite), ranchus and bubbleeyes.

Maybe try a crown pearlscale for your 10 gallon? The ping pongs (Tiku) Are extremely hard to take care of like they said. Or you could try another ryukin, but a 15-20 gallon would be best for your new fish if you can get it.

Maybe try a crown pearlscale for your 10 gallon? The ping pongs (Tiku) Are extremely hard to take care of like they said. Or you could try another ryukin, but a 15-20 gallon would be best for your new fish if you can get it.

Could you show me whats a normal look for a pearlscales? I see some wi th the wen and somewithout it. I like the wen. It looks like a crown. :0 Trust me. I want a 30gallon if I can. But id be okay ith atleast a 20g. I really really really really want a goldfish in my room. Cause he wants to set up my tank. But I said no cause I want it to be my liking not his(hes very tacky....). I wanna create a gorgeous scenario. Iam wondering if real lilly pads are out of the question??? I like anything with a wen that is round. Thats why I like orandas alot. They look like a king. Sorta...

Hmm. I am trying to look on nnnnnn for the price of a 20g tank and it wont show up. I know they have em. Could you guys tell me how much is a brandspanking new 20gtank? Just the tank? and how about in a kit?(i wouldnt use the filter but the lighting would be cheaper I assume)

I know if I go on lowes they have fish hoods for like 15bucks to 20. And a flourescent tube costing 12bucks at most.

I don't recomend bubble eyes if you are a beginner. They are very sensitive to water parameters (must be moved in an already cycled tank, same with pearlies). Pretty much anything can burst their bubbles and if you aren't extremely careful then it will become a huge infection.

I had a bubble eye who sadly died from burst bubbles.

Could you show me whats a normal look for a pearlscales? I see some wi th the wen and somewithout it. I like the wen. It looks like a crown. :0 Trust me. I want a 30gallon if I can. But id be okay ith atleast a 20g. I really really really really want a goldfish in my room. Cause he wants to set up my tank. But I said no cause I want it to be my liking not his(hes very tacky....). I wanna create a gorgeous scenario. Iam wondering if real lilly pads are out of the question??? I like anything with a wen that is round. Thats why I like orandas alot. They look like a king. Sorta...

You can try the plant Nymphaea lotus for your 20g. Its bulb needs to be buried halfway under the gravel though. A pot can do wonders for it.

As for the pearlies, I suggest you get the crown pearl (one with wen growth). They're usually more slender and less prone to floaty issues.

I wish the Siamese dolls are more often seen in the trade. They're the smallest varieties at 4-5 inches only and the rest of these fancies reach a bulk size of 8-10 inches on average. *shakes head*

You can try the plant Nymphaea lotus for your 20g. Its bulb needs to be buried halfway under the gravel though. A pot can do wonders for it.

As for the pearlies, I suggest you get the crown pearl (one with wen growth). They're usually more slender and less prone to floaty issues.

I wish the Siamese dolls are more often seen in the trade. They're the smallest varieties at 4-5 inches only and the rest of these fancies reach a bulk size of 8-10 inches on average. *shakes head*

Show me some pictures of china dolls? Hmmm I do like the crownies, not my absolute favorite but still pretty up there. xD

Hey aren't you lupin, that moderator/admin from that other forum about fish? I used to go there often and I saw someone by the name of lupin and it was a guy so I could have sworn its you. lol

LOL! It could have been me. I cover only four forums. Used to cover about 8 but I quit the rest since I couldn't manage anymore.

Here's my own Siamese doll.:heart Trinket also has one I believe. I dunno if she still has it.

27216_1425414679045_1343123870_31168888_1343469_n.jpg

LOL! It could have been me. I cover only four forums. Used to cover about 8 but I quit the rest since I couldn't manage anymore.

Here's my own Siamese doll.:heart Trinket also has one I believe. I dunno if she still has it.

27216_1425414679045_134312387031168888_1343469_n.jpg

Do you still do fishforum.com? I think thats the one. Idk I forgot. or was it fishforums? xD You're a moderator in one of those. Iam signed up to like 8forums. I got banned from one of them(long story), I think that one was the aquatic community??? Its the one with a large fish face in the background thats blue?? Ill check in a min. I remember I got bannned 3 years ago tilll today actually. XDDD By this woman named aunt kymmie. Anywho, thats a lovely fish. But now my favorite goldies are believe it or not:

Lionheads, ranchus, bubble eyes. Iam thinking if I go into a bare bottom tank then Iam going for bubble eyes, because its already unreal looking. Plus they look like little clouds.Yes. It was aquatic community. :o oh well. it was cause I kept asking too many questions. :o But I cant help that. Lol I strive for knowledge.

Edited by SolarFish

LOL! You've been a bad boy I guess.;) I used to be mod there until 2008 only. And I know Aunt Kymmie and a few current mods there well. It was fishforum.com. Been changed by Mike to tropicalfishkeeping.com for reasons only to him known. I still visit there from time to time but not even remotely close to this forum koko's since I focus more on goldfish now than anything else (but still try to help with tropicals where I had plenty of experience about when I can).

My goldy tanks are barebottom. I don't like wasting too much time vacuuming the substrate since they poop a lot and it's difficult to be thorough about it.

LOL! You've been a bad boy I guess.;) I used to be mod there until 2008 only. And I know Aunt Kymmie and a few current mods there well. It was fishforum.com. Been changed by Mike to tropicalfishkeeping.com for reasons only to him known. I still visit there from time to time but not even remotely close to this forum koko's since I focus more on goldfish now than anything else (but still try to help with tropicals where I had plenty of experience about when I can).

My goldy tanks are barebottom. I don't like wasting too much time vacuuming the substrate since they poop a lot and it's difficult to be thorough about it.

:o Yes I was. Not really bad actually. I just kept asking questions in threads. They kept saying stupid stuff like one time shed tell me post it all in different threads. I did that, then she would say "STOP SPAMMING POST IT ALL IN ONE THREAD" and Iam like the heck???Iam trying to flippin learn. I didnt even say anything to her insultive though. xD Even though I wanted to. Actually I wanted to spam her, just so she knew how badly she was making me mad. But I didnt. :o Then I never went back to there. Well I did once, in a different account and different computer(at the time I had 3 computers), nobody knew it was me and still they were pretty rude cause I was a newbie. Ived been dealing with forums like that. Actually from all that I signed up to, there are only a few forums that are nice. A frog forum called frogforum.net. Which of course has nothing to do with fish and expertise is on frogs. The guys there are extremely uber nice. Just like here. Well maybe a few fights happen there between the people. But not really bad where you just dont wanna be there. Cause there are some people who like on other sites act supremacist, but the mods put em on their places. There was a turtle forum called turtletimes.org, that place is where I got my info about my DBT, they're nice there too. The forum you used to mod in was a good forum. Untill you left pretty m uch. Cause after a said time, I started posting questions. But it wasnt even alot. It was mainly one question. nobody even decided to say "SORRY IDK" everyone just looked at it, andthey didnt bother to say anything. Thats why I stopped going there, then I found this awesome site a few years back by googling and I saw everyone was uber nice to each other. No fighting no nothing, but I forgot to sign up. And now that I got back into goldfish I did sign up and let me tell you this. I feel more at home here than at any other forum I been at, pretty close to the frog forum too(kinda better in a way). Everyone on here treats you with respect, and kindness. Its not just like on a random forum, youd get your information then they never wanna talk to you. On here its like say a facebook for fish lovers. YOu can talk her and meet new people and Ived not had any problems. Even with asking a ton of questions. I guess this is why this site is number 2 and soon to be number 1 site on the net. Iam thinking of spreadin gthe word of this site to everyone I know and tell em to spread i around. Cause from a 1-10 this ssite is asuperb 10. I could not be happier from he results. :)