Colors

Deku

Is there a breed of goldfish that has a white body, red eyes, red fins(all fins) and a creamy white mouth? I remember sawing a ryukin like that, but it was small. And now I wonder if that color will stay? Id love to get my hands on a goldfish with that color. Itd be awesome if it was a ryukin, oranda, telescope, or ranchu. Also do panda telescopes stay with that color? Same with other panda patterned goldfish?

Color has to do with genetics, there isn't really a specific breed :) No panda goldfish rarely stay that color, they will turn all white. You must remember that oranges and reds are dominant over the other colors like black. Black is extremely unstable and will most likely disappear.

Color has to do with genetics, there isn't really a specific breed :) No panda goldfish rarely stay that color, they will turn all white. You must remember that oranges and reds are dominant over the other colors like black. Black is extremely unstable and will most likely disappear.

Argh! But Iam soooooooo urgh! I want a candy cane colored goldfish. You know? White body, white fins(both the fins behind gills would look like little paws, and the fins behind the butt, not the anal fins would look like feet, and then anal fin and tail fin would be red, and so would be the dorsal fin! Oh if the gills had red too to make it look like red cheeks that be flipping sweet. If not thats okay. I wanna get a goldfish thats been bred for genetics then. xD

I know I know Iam crazy with simetry.

Also do panda telescopes stay with that color? Same with other panda patterned goldfish?

That's a tough one with the Panda Telescopes, SF. As Tay mentioned, patterns are difficult to hold in the long term. Everyone that I've talked to with Panda Teles have said that they've lost their black markings and turned all white. Genetics play the major role here...you never know what you're gonna get! ;)

Also do panda telescopes stay with that color? Same with other panda patterned goldfish?

That's a tough one with the Panda Telescopes, SF. As Tay mentioned, patterns are difficult to hold in the long term. Everyone that I've talked to with Panda Teles have said that they've lost their black markings and turned all white. Genetics play the major role here...you never know what you're gonna get! ;)

You know the white ryukin in your siggy? The first one. You know how it has orange tinge on its fins? Well what I want is this. Imagine that same ryukin, but instead of the orange that faded, imagine the whole fins completely red, and the eyes red, and tails red and just about all fins red. Of course with that transparent outside. You know? The very border of the tail having transparent? Same would be for all fins. Now that would be my dream goldfish. I would like to see that happen on a ryukin or a telescope. Now I ask, how hard is to find an adult like that? Cause Ived seen dozens of babies like that. In fact I had one, but it got ripped to shreds by my turtle(dont blame me, i was told itd be fine cause the turtle was slow.). :/

No goldfish is really ever going to be that perfect, and if there is a fish similar to it it's going to have a lovely little price tag on it. I wouldn't buy a fish for its color either. You know why? Because it's apt to change colors. They do that to us so often :doh11::lol

There are lots of goldfish at Rain Garden and Goldfish Connection that probably would fit the description of what you're after. Purchasing an older fish with those markings would give you a better chance of what you're after but then again you can never guarantee the markings and patterns will stick. ;)

Something like this maybe? This is one of my telescopes with Sarassa markings.

06.jpg

Sorta. But you know how the eyes arent covered in orange or red completely? I would liike it to be covered completely in red, the body would be complete white, ALL fins will be completely red. Like not a spot, the whole fins will be red. xD

If I never find that kind of fish. I think ill go for a calico then. Cause Id rather have a calico, than an orange and have it have ONE single spot on one side, that would drive me insane. xD Cause calicos, infact may not look simetrical, but indeed are simetrical by NOT being simetrical. If that makes any sense whatsoever. lol. Iam very weird like that. In which case I would go for a red capped oranda, or a calico ranchu, or even a black telescope. Though I hear constantly how black moors RARELY change their colors. Maybe from black to brown. But thats about it. But itd be perfect if it was jet black. Maybe one day ill become a goldfish breeder and try to learn genes and perfect them right down to the very core. So they wont change or something. Maybe thats possible. I mean the chi nese developed a brown carp into an orange goldfish, and from that on to freaking ranchus and bubble eyes, w hich baffles science itself. So who knows whats possible. :P

the one thing that drives me insanse is how my ryukin now has a black spot on its head. Its kinda irritating cause I bought it for 20 and was expecting the bright colors to get brighter but instead they got dull and now it has a black spot.

Edited by SolarFish

That's actually untrue about black moors. They are more apt to change colors from black to orange or from black to a ver y dull color if they are of poorer quality. Is the black spot on the ryukin an ammonia burn?

Like Dennis..erm..Batman said, I would go on goldfishconnection if you want a high quality fish, but you need to have the moolah for it.

No goldfish is really ever going to be that perfect, and if there is a fish similar to it it's going to have a lovely little price tag on it. I wouldn't buy a fish for its color either. You know why? Because it's apt to change colors. They do that to us so often :doh11::lol

Hmm you're right. But now Iam curious besides the ryukin(lower breed), orandas, fantails, commons, comets, and bubble eyes(which i havent seen so recently).... What are some fish breeds I can expect? I was wondering if I could find perhaps a veiltail goldy or maybe a broadtail moor?? I did saw what I think may have been a ranchu or a lionhead in a petstore. But it was long ago. They were up for 2 dollars, and some up for 6dollars. I did saw in nnnn a 5inch fancy goldfish. They went up for 20bucks for the moors and 30bucks for the orandas and ryukin. is that price tag worth it? What is the most a goldfish can grow in 1 year or 2? I mean mine only grew an inch and thats about it.

That's actually untrue about black moors. They are more apt to change colors from black to orange or from black to a ver y dull color if they are of poorer quality. Is the black spot on the ryukin an ammonia burn?

Like Dennis..erm..Batman said, I would go on goldfishconnection if you want a high quality fish, but you need to have the moolah for it.

I went there and dont know where I can find whats for sale.... Also are there any other sites beside raingarden.us? Hmm Maybe ill go for a calico then. Iam more alright if a calico goldfish switches colors. Idk why.

That's actually untrue about black moors. They are more apt to change colors from black to orange or from black to a ver y dull color if they are of poorer quality.

Well said, Tay...Black Moors can't be guaranteed to hold their color either. SF, go to the before and after thread and you'll see some black teles that went from black to pure gold within a year (mine for one). It's a good read and you'll have a good time going through it. ;)

That's actually untrue about black moors. They are more apt to change colors from black to orange or from black to a ver y dull color if they are of poorer quality.

Well said, Tay...Black Moors can't be guaranteed to hold their color either. SF, go to the before and after thread and you'll see some black teles that went from black to pure gold within a year (mine for one). It's a good read and you'll have a good time going through it. ;)

send me a link plox

SF try the last few pages of the thread for the most recent additions... ;)

nice. do bubble eyes and celestials make good fish?

I guess they do if you like them...I believe Federica has a Celestial (Steve Urkel)? She could answer your questions...I think a few others have Bubble Eyes and Celestials too. I'm sure they'll catch up to you soon. ;)

SF try the last few pages of the thread for the most recent additions... ;)

nice. do bubble eyes and celestials make good fish?

I guess they do if you like them...I believe Federica has a Celestial (Steve Urkel)? She could answer your questions...I think a few others have Bubble Eyes and Celestials too. I'm sure they'll catch up to you soon. ;)

i prefer lionheads

You know the white ryukin in your siggy? The first one. You know how it has orange tinge on its fins? Well what I want is this. Imagine that same ryukin, but instead of the orange that faded, imagine the whole fins completely red, and the eyes red, and tails red and just about all fins red. Of course with that transparent outside. You know? The very border of the tail having transparent? Same would be for all fins. Now that would be my dream goldfish. I would like to see that happen on a ryukin or a telescope. Now I ask, how hard is to find an adult like that? Cause Ived seen dozens of babies like that. In fact I had one, but it got ripped to shreds by my turtle(dont blame me, i was told itd be fine cause the turtle was slow.). :/

The color pattern you're describing is called a "12 points" because 12 points on its body are red, but the rest is a solid white color. Here's an example:

AUC_165_60_1.jpg

It's difficult to find a fish whose color is exactly perfect 12 point, but this one comes really close. This particular fish is actually owned by a member on here called Garibaldi. Beautiful fish. It was sold at goldfishconnection.com through an online auction. You must keep in mind that the color is always subject to change, no matter how old the fish is, or how much you want the color to stay the same. Eventually you learn the personality of the fish and you come to appreciate the fish for that rather than its color, so by that time the color change probably wouldn't bother you so much :)

The color pattern you're describing is called a "12 points" because 12 points on its body are red, but the rest is a solid white color. Here's an example:

AUC_165_60_1.jpg

It's difficult to find a fish whose color is exactly perfect 12 point, but this one comes really close. This particular fish is actually owned by a member on here called Garibaldi. Beautiful fish. It was sold at goldfishconnection.com through an online auction. You must keep in mind that the color is always subject to change, no matter how old the fish is, or how much you want the color to stay the same. Eventually you learn the personality of the fish and you come to appreciate the fish for that rather than its color, so by that time the color change probably wouldn't bother you so much :)

jeez chameleons. lol ima go with one iam really taken by. :) how long do adults live for?

edit: itd be awesome to see a ranchu with a bee color pattern. i like bees :3

Edited by SolarFish

Blizzard is beautiful Shell :)

jeez chameleons. lol ima go with one iam really taken by. :) how long do adults live for?

edit: itd be awesome to see a ranchu with a bee color pattern. i like bees :3

Goldfish have a lifespan of about 10 years. Slim bodied goldfish like commons and comets live longer (about 20 years) because their bodies are less compact. In general, the more "fancy" and modified a goldfish is, the shorter it will live. Golfball pearlscales (also called tikus) don't live very long because their bodies are extremely modified.

There is a coloration in goldfish that is somewhat like a bee. It's called "tiger stripes" and is most common on wenned fish (lionheads, ranchu, oranda). Here's an example: this example is a little bit weak, but you can see the vertical bands of black on its sides. In some fish they are more pronounced. This coloration is fairly rare.

tiger.jpgtiger2.jpg

Edited by Sakura