My 170Ish Gallon Finally Complete!

Migaloo

Well... here it is! Sorry, it was hard to get photos without reflections on the glass in the day time.

My cats have found their new favourite place to hang out!

(the other one is usually on the bottom shelf!)

tank7.jpg

newtank4.jpg

This is the top - the 3 panels are made of flexible perspex stuff and the two panels in between are the light fittings, each holding 4 T5 tubes.

The perspex interlocks with the light units.

Its great as they are so lighweight and easy to remove! You can also open each one like a hinged lid.

newtank5.jpg

I have used black tubing for my air stones so you can barely see it against the black background :)

newtank6.jpg

Thanks Dennis!

I had my old (cycled) filter in the tank for 8 days and removed it only yesterday in the hope that the new canister filter has grown some BB. Up until then, my water params have been perfect. I haven't tested the water since I removed the old filter so I dont know yet, but will be testing daily to keep a very close eye on it!

Edited by Migaloo

Thanks Haruka and Commis :)

If your GF have already spawned in the tank then by all means everything's fine! Again great job! ;)

I just hope it stays that way now the old filter is gone !!

What a fabulous job you did! I love the deco!

How many fish are in there? Your white oranda is adorable!

Oh and you cat is the funniest!

Thanks everyone! :D

Captain Findus - there are 8 goldies - 1 redcap, 1 ryukin, 2 moors, 1 panda tele, and 3 fantails, plus 2 adult bristlenose and five 1-2 inch baby BNs :)

There was a golfish fry on the glass this morning - obviously hatched from a hidden egg that never got eaten - He's gone now though, so someone found themselves a little live snack!

OMG... i just saw another GF fry! (I wonder if it was the same one from this morning)

Am so tempted to save him, but there's not really much point as its only 1 - and I had no luck at all with the last lot I tried to raise... :(

I am LOVING this tank... there's so much going on in there - However it is distrating me from the rest of my life LOL

Edited by Migaloo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...