Prepared Foods.

Deku

Iam new to making prepared foods. I tried reading what other people posted. But frankly its too much for my eyes to keep up with. x___x;;; Could someone help me with this? I wanna feed my fish the most healthiest of foods possible. I wanna put em in a blender and turn em in to gel.

I wanna promote color, health, and etc.

I was thinking Id add peas to this because I read its a good laxative. Here is what I was thinking of adding to the mix:

-Trout

-Crab, shrimp

-Crickets, Earthworms, Slugs, snails and roaches.

-Fresh veggies and fruits

-Vitamin powder and calcium powder. The one you use for reptiles. Is that okay?

Id like to throw in some carrots for vitamin A, orange(madarins, because I like to eat em. Lol), cucumber, tomato, banana, apple, grapes, etc. Could you guys tell me what is the healthiest to feed my goldfish(general)?

Id like to know what foods promote orange and red coloration, which promotes white, and which promotes black colors. Oh and which helps em with that metalic sheen they have.

I wouldn't feed anything for reptiles or the slugs, snails, roaches, and crickets. I would stick to frozne bloodworms, sardines and things like that. Things made for fish to eat. I wouldn't feed fruits all that often, they can be fed as a treat once in a while because it will mess with your pH and all of that sugar isn't good for your fish :)

Don't give them all of those fruits either.

To be honest, Sunlight will. having a pond will keep your fish's colors vibrant. Black is a recessive color and will most likely turn on you. it also depends on their pedigree and who their parents were. Genes play a big role.

I would stick to a nice staple diet right now like Saki Hikari that will help with colors in addition to bloodworm and brine shrimp, peas once a week to clear out their system, and some other kind of vegetable. That might be easier for you then the stinky gel food. Oh you can also probably put tuna in the gel food. :)

I wouldn't feed anything for reptiles or the slugs, snails, roaches, and crickets. I would stick to frozne bloodworms, sardines and things like that. Things made for fish to eat. I wouldn't feed fruits all that often, they can be fed as a treat once in a while because it will mess with your pH and all of that sugar isn't good for your fish :)

Don't give them all of those fruits either.

To be honest, Sunlight will. having a pond will keep your fish's colors vibrant. Black is a recessive color and will most likely turn on you. it also depends on their pedigree and who their parents were. Genes play a big role.

I would stick to a nice staple diet right now like Saki Hikari that will help with colors in addition to bloodworm and brine shrimp, peas once a week to clear out their system, and some other kind of vegetable. That might be easier for you then the stinky gel food. Oh you can also probably put tuna in the gel food. :)

Hmmm well Ill stick with an orange goldfish then. I just have to get em old enough and feed em a diet of saki hikari and progold?

You can stick with either or. I personally like saki hikari better. I used to use progold but saki hikari is better in my opinion. They don't have to be older for them to be fed either staple food :)

You can stick with either or. I personally like saki hikari better. I used to use progold but saki hikari is better in my opinion. They don't have to be older for them to be fed either staple food :)

I used to try to feed peas but they would never eat em. So I gave up trying to feed em pees.

Can I also supplement their diet with algea waffers, shrimp, plankton and krill?

• Supporter

I used to try to feed peas but they would never eat em. So I gave up trying to feed em pees.

Can I also supplement their diet with algea waffers, shrimp, plankton and krill?

did you try the frozen non salted ones? you get some tank water into a pot, boil them until they're soft.. get the skins off them and wait for them to cool.. mash them a little with your fingers to make sure they're soft and feed.. if you didn't take the skins off, perhaps thats why they didn't feed? i have never met a goldfish that does not go crazy for peas..

did you try the frozen non salted ones? you get some tank water into a pot, boil them until they're soft.. get the skins off them and wait for them to cool.. mash them a little with your fingers to make sure they're soft and feed.. if you didn't take the skins off, perhaps thats why they didn't feed? i have never met a goldfish that does not go crazy for peas..

Can I microwave the pea? xD My parents would be like "Wth you doing????".

I do microwave mine. I use a small ceramic bowl with a little bit of water in it, which seems to prevent the pea from exploding. Instead it boils the pea.

Try putting it in for 5 seconds, if it doesn't seem cooked another five seconds and so on.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I do microwave mine. I use a small ceramic bowl with a little bit of water in it, which seems to prevent the pea from exploding. Instead it boils the pea.

Try putting it in for 5 seconds, if it doesn't seem cooked another five seconds and so on.

thanks

thanks

You are very welcome!