Epsom And Prazi?

kukana d

hey guys,I qt all new fish in Prazi and Nitro Green. I've got 2 ranchus from Tommy that arrived on Wed,and 1 of them looks like he could be starting to pine cone to me-although I could just be freaking myself out-yikes.gifSo my ? is-can you mix epsom w/ Prazi and nitro green? Thanks guysbiggrin.gif edit: I have got these 2 in a rubbermaide,and I guess I'm afraid it's leaching. I washed it out w/ vinegar and warm water b4 using it. The plastic is also clear blue-not the norm white/clear.

do you have a pic of the scales? it always seems to me that ranchus have 'fatter' scales in general.

can you mix prazi and NG?

• Admin

i personally would just do the Epsom Salt and prazi.... dont add to much stuff all at once, I have seen to many problems doing that.....

Yeah a pic would be nice hun, just so we can make sure we see what you see hun :)

Hey Susan, do you have a tupperware or something you could lift the fish up with? I'm thinking you could lift him up closer to the camera and also get rid of the rippling water affect by doing this. Then use flash to get a nice clear image of the scales. With these photos I can't tell if the scales are raised or not. :undecided:

I think he is good Susan... :) Maybe he shed some slime so looks different to you? Maybe you should do your usual routine and wait with the epson? he doesn't look particularly swollen right now.

It may be just kind of an illusion of his coloration. In my mind,he was almost black when he arrived,but looking at his auction photos,he's got silver tinges there also. I think qt'ing in a rubbermaid is making me a little bit paranoiddoh11.gifThank you for the inputheartpump.gif

• Supporter

i think he looks fine.. he doesn't appear to have lifted scales. with the swelling, it's hard to tell, personally, i think he's not swollen, if you have a look at tommy's pics, they do indicate that this ranchu has a big belly.. at the end of his body where it meets his tail, it's rather narrow, then it kinda comes out into a big bulge. i think that because tommy doesn't show a birds eye view of the fish, and the fact that he's black, makes him look thinner. in my opinion, i think he's fine. i would just do the usual and prazi.. no salt. he sure is a beauty... :Congrats: