Vintage 70G Metaframe Aquarium

Thanks for all the kind words.

They are serious swimmers, for sure. The 2 Comets especially. They can literally snap their tails creating a small hole in the time/space continuum and reappear on the other side of the tank. How they get themselves shut down before they punch through the glass is beyond me....but I think the same technology is use for "dive brakes" on fighter jets.

They can literally snap their tails creating a small hole in the time/space continuum and reappear on the other side of the tank.

This is exactly what my hubby's Angelfish does.

Anyway, this video is wonderful, your fish look amazing! But how HUGE are they if this is a 70 gallon tank??? :krazy:

The big Common is about 8" long tip-to-tip and 2-1/2" tall, not including his dorsel and pectoral fins. The bit Comet is about 7" long and about 2" tall, not including dorsel and pectorals.

You've got some great looking single tails to, so I'm sure you've seen them ignite the after burners.

Gives real meaning to why it's not recommended to mix fancies and single tails.

BTW, all the white marks on them are missing scales. Feeding time is food fight time....so much so that I've cut back to only one feeding a day, and much less food during that feeding. I found less often they were fed, and the less food was in the water, the less time they spent beating on each other trying to claim rights to everything in the tank. Amazingly, the scales just keep growing back. Still, it bums me out and I almost gave the big Common to a lady with a pond. Had him out of the tank and was ready to drive away when I saw the big Comet just relentlessly chasing and shoving the small Comet. I actually put the Common back in the tank in order to keep the pecking order and take the heat off the little Comet.

They look bigger than that! Probably because their bodies are bigger. Hugo is 8.5 inches, but seems so much smaller. Then again her tail is about 40% of her body length, so yeah...

Luckily I had no problem with the single and fancies yet, since I hand feed the telescopes. Spicey and Vanille keep up very well with getting food, Spicey actually pushes the big ones out of the way and moves the piece of driftwood to get to the pellets... LOL