Huge Goldfish!

johann_pond

yes there most definitely is. I know Ken at GFC used to have goldfish/koi hybrids to get jet black commons/comets.

Edit: However they are sterile.

Edited by Haruka

yes there most definitely is. I know Ken at GFC used to have goldfish/koi hybrids to get jet black commons/comets.

Edit: However they are sterile.

Interesting. I love the jet black comets. :)

• 1 year later...

"thread resurrection: on" :D

I have one of these hybrids fish. Bought as a black goldie last year, the little guy was 2 inch long and black as coal.

Two weeks after arrival in its pond, i found him fighting for life in air bubble from a solar oxygenator: he began to develop columnaris, finrot, ich and, a great scale-less area on its belly....all bad things that can happen to a fish :(. I put him in QT with baktopur, although I thought he would not make it.

Thanks Poseidon, god of underwater creatures, he made it and recovered within three weeks.

Now, he is a 10 inch flat blakc, healthy and "muscled" fish. Was the smallest of the pond, now he is the king.

The color, the growth, the dorsal fin truly "cyprinus style", the overall shape but the lack of barbels gives the right identification: Kollar Carp, not Goldie nor Koi.

Edited by King Poseidon

• 4 weeks later...

As my hubby would say 'Pan frying size" He don't mean it says that about Karma all the time. :krazy:

Ha, my hubby is always encouraging mine to eat and grow. He tells them he has "plans" for them....