[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level?0

[*]Nitrite Level?0

[*]Nitrate level?<5

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?7.6 KH 7 GH 8

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drop

[*]Water temperature?76 F

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?45g 15 months running

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)?2 AC 50's & 1 AC 30

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?weekly 50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?4 2 to 3 inches

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?Prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?gel, bloodworms, shrimp, peas, frozen spirulina, some fresh veggies

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? QT

[*]Any medications added to the tank?Prazi only

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?none

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?Starting to flash against the glass

I have another fish starting to flash today when he goes up against the glass.

What is your Prazi regimen? What dosage are you using? How long since you started the treatment?

If it doesn't seem to work well enough you can double, even triple the dose.

Guest Mike and Linda

I have a 10 or 15 gal tank for him. Which would be better for the QT?

I was in the process of the 30 day prazi in the 40 gal. I am on the weekly prazi still in the 40 gal.

He is like Casper this time the mouth is not opening and closing at least not now.

The other fish are ok in the 40 gal.

He is a nrevous fish from the start could that cause flashing. he does not flash much just every so often.

there is no need for separating him. He needs to be treated for flukes with all the others. Just continue what you are doing but instead of 1 teaspoon for 20gal try using 2.

Guest Mike and Linda

How do we know for sure that it could be flukes? Look at casper she never got better. I have gone through about 6 bottles of Prazi so far in 1 year. It gets very expensive all the prazi. $12.00 per bottle

I would stop treating, if it's not getting any better, that's a huge money deficit! Have you tried salting them at all? You could see if they have flukes through a gill scrape with a vet's help.

You can also just take a body scrape - you will see baby flukes on their body.

But are you sure you have been doing the correct regimen for the Prazi?

Guest Prayer Bear

We were just doing the regular prazi the kokos recommends.

I was just curious could a tank be to big for a fish this small and cause her stress? She is only about 1.5 inches and the other fish are about double her size. I have them in a 45 gal us

I wanted to try something so I did temp remove her and put her into a 15 gallon and she has not flashed since.

Could stress cause a fish to flash?

Guest Mike and Linda

I was wondering if I should just keep her by her self until she gets bigger. The other 3 seem to do fine with the current that they have. I have 3 AC running on my 45 g. 2 50's and 1 30.

Current can cause stress and cause flashing? I am going to watch her for a few days in the 15g and see what happens.

Guest Mike and Linda

That is what we are doing now while she is by herself we will see if she still does the flash. If she still does it then we know that it will have nothing to do with the 45g. She is so active that she never rest. She swims constantly.

I am a firm believer of "if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!" If your already treating the big tank with prazi pro with all the fish in it I would finish out the treatment,and not add stress to he little one by moving it,but instead maybe add a couple of hidey places out of the current for the little one to hide in ...would help it's behavior? Sorry you having troubles again :( as Casper ever in the big tank??

Guest Mike and Linda

Casper was in the big tank. The little fish whos name is Sheba seems to be doing good in the 15g. All the other fish in the 45 gal are doing good so far. I did have hiding places.

I have 3 more prazi which I will finish.

So you already moved this fish?Keep an eye on it and continue with the prazi treatment just to be sure,I hope it was just a nervous thing nothing more ;)

I am also currently treating all 3 of my goldfish tanks with prazi pro as well :( As i got some of my daughters fish because she had to move back home and one was doing a lot of air gulping at the surface...Better safe than sorry :)

Guest Mike and Linda

I did put her back into her main tank. She was in the 15 gal for 1 day and no flashing. I want to see if she flashes again in the main tank and if she does I will baffle my filters more and see if that is the problem.

I checked her completely and no signs of illness. I am kinda experimenting with her right now trying to ellimiating different things. I have 2 more prazi for the tank.

I will probably keep shrimp into my 15 gal in case I need it again to keep the cycle.

Guest Mike and Linda

Sheba is back in the main tank. I want to keep my 15 gal cycled for now without a fish. I have shrimp in there now but what would be the best way to keep a cycle temp without a fish in case i need the tank?