Glass Thermometers

Guest Mike and Linda

Guest Mike and Linda

I was wondering if these glass thermometers are any good? I have a few of them and seems that everyone is a different temp in my tank. I have my heater at about 76 and my temp usually stays at 76 but today it was at 74 so I put different thermometers in to see and they all have different temps.

Since my oscar eats them and they are so hard to read I have started using my digital kitchen one. It is easy big numbers and fast. I also use it to see that baby bird formula is the right temp too.

Guest Mike and Linda

Since my oscar eats them and they are so hard to read I have started using my digital kitchen one. It is easy big numbers and fast. I also use it to see that baby bird formula is the right temp too.

Do you use just a regular kitchen digital thermometer how do you put that in the water? I might change mine.

How accurate are those stick on thermometers anyway? The temperature in my place was 58 degree this morning:krazy: Yet the thermometer on the goldi tank (no heater) claims the tank water has 68 degree.

Can the water be that much warmer? Or should I get a different thermometer eventually?

I use the glass thermometers encased in stainless steel that you can hang on the inside lip of the tank frame. I've used these for as long as I can remember and they've always worked well for me. I'd never recommend the stick on type...too much variance in temperature for me and I don't trust their accuracy.

Shell, here's a pic of what I use...I like them. ;)

Hanging Thermometer

How accurate are those stick on thermometers anyway? The temperature in my place was 58 degree this morning:krazy: Yet the thermometer on the goldi tank (no heater) claims the tank water has 68 degree.

Can the water be that much warmer? Or should I get a different thermometer eventually?

I would think that's pretty reasonable. It takes a long time for a large volume of water to change temperature and your house was probably only that cold for a few hours.