Hello An Intro!

Deku

Hello all! The name's kevin. Iam 19. I have kept goldfish for a while(but with success mainly for 2 years..). I keep a rabbit, a turtle and two american toads(besides my goldy fish). My turtles a diamond back terrapin-northern, and my rabbit is a brown netherland dwarf that looks kinda like thumper just in a brown coat, her name though is hunny because she is sweet and kind(never bites).

Iam hyper which you will eventually notice(cant help it-literary). I like goldfish more than any other fish(except puffers and angels, they are up there), because of their bright colors and cheerful disposition.

I especially like:

Orandas, ryukins, telescopes, fantails and ping pong goldfish.

Currently I have a ryukin I bought from the petstore a year or two ago and some common goldfish(were given to me, but I didnt originally want them.).

Iam very outspoken, proud and scattered brain. Lol.

Hopefully I will be welcomed here as one of your own. I do know some stuff about goldfish but Iam no expert in any way.

welcometo.jpg Sounds like you have quite the nice little zoo! biggrin.gif

Yeap. And my father is setting up 4 fish tanks for himself(two 55gs and 2 40gs oh and a 45bow front). Lol. I really like animals. And keeping a diverse type of animals kinda helps me cope with stress. I like my american toads singing(though their still very young to really sing). I like my rabbits soft fur coat and cheerful dispossition. I like my goldfish bright color and friendly dispostion as well as my turtles hungry dispossition and activity.

I hope to train them to hand feed(fish).

Yeap. And my father is setting up 4 fish tanks for himself(two 55gs and 2 40gs oh and a 45bow front). Lol. I really like animals. And keeping a diverse type of animals kinda helps me cope with stress. I like my american toads singing(though their still very young to really sing). I like my rabbits soft fur coat and cheerful dispossition. I like my goldfish bright color and friendly dispostion as well as my turtles hungry dispossition and activity.

I hope to train them to hand feed(fish).

I LOVE that fish in your avi!!!! What is it???? I must know!

That's Jack, he's my 2 year old or so black/bronze ranchu.

I LOVE that fish in your avi!!!! What is it???? I must know!

That's Jack, he's my 2 year old or so black/bronze ranchu.

awe. Where'd you buy him? I wanna find a good breeder. I wanna keep the goldfish of that color. I was thinking maybe Id get a blackmoor. But I heard that they dont keep that look they have as they are younger(the kind that they are slender, a little pudgy but not so fat that the eye isnt bigger than the body anymore). Otherwise Id like an orange telescope. Or idk really. But I like solid colors. I like goldfish with high orange on top and a white mouth area(where its white from the lip to the fin) and yellow belly.

Actually I would like the black moor even if the body is bigger than they eye but Id like it more if the body is completely black and not mixed with orange, You know?

Edited by SolarFish

I bought him as a little squirt from an aquarium store in my city, Big Al's. Since shipping to Canada is so expensive for the goldfish auctions, and as far as I know there are no breeders around here, it's really luck of the draw for what I can find in the local stores.

I bought him as a little squirt from an aquarium store in my city, Big Al's. Since shipping to Canada is so expensive for the goldfish auctions, and as far as I know there are no breeders around here, it's really luck of the draw for what I can find in the local stores.

How easy to find are veil tail goldfish? And not just any veil tail, like the color white. Completely white at the age where they wont change color? I guess I would get slightly annoyed if after a month of having it and expecting the fish to stay a certain color, have it get a spot of a differnt color on it and then start changing like with the other fish. Its not calico because it has a metalic sheen. It was once extremely orange and now its orange but not THAT orange that it once was. Or maybe Id go for a completely orange veiltail. I mean Iam not getting the tank right away. Cause Iam doing some remodelin gin my house. But after a month. I should have bought the tank and Id like to know what I will do with it. There is this store that carries a l arge variety of goldfish. But these people stink at caring for fish. they d ont even bother to clean out the dead fish. I know there are fish bound to die, especially s ince you have to consider they get shipped from one place to another and then to another, so the stress must be nerve wrecking on the fish. But yeah. I was thinking maybe Id try live aquaria and see if they have veiltails. but I doubt they do cause I check often and I never saw that fish before there.

Hello and welcome to Koko's! Nice to have you and your little zoo here! But what can I say, I myself grew up with a zoo and still live with a zoo. Over the course of my life I had cats, dogs, guinea pigs, a bunny (actually my sister's but we both took care of him), birds (from parakeets to butterfly finches to diamond doves and java finches and many more) and now a nice variety of fish, mainly goldfish as you can see in my signature.

So again: hello, fellow zoo keeper :thumb:

Hello and welcome to Koko's! Nice to have you and your little zoo here! But what can I say, I myself grew up with a zoo and still live with a zoo. Over the course of my life I had cats, dogs, guinea pigs, a bunny (actually my sister's but we both took care of him), birds (from parakeets to butterfly finches to diamond doves and java finches and many more) and now a nice variety of fish, mainly goldfish as you can see in my signature.

So again: hello, fellow zoo keeper :thumb:

Thanks. I myself as a child(throughout my child hood from say when I was born till when I move to america-i was 13-) Ived had dogs, mainly strays. I used to live in puertorico. Whatever stray we found we took it in, kept it for a year and then found better homes for em. I had 12 dogs(not at once, but one at a time) in my possession, oh excluding 2 dogs that my parents bought. 1 was a boston terrier, when I was 2 years old I remember clearly the dog, I used to be terrified of h im, but sometimes Id come up to it and feed it grass. I dont know why but I remember times of my childhood where I was very young. His name was "piel" which in english means skin. After a year or two, we moved away and gave him to a farmer. My parents realized that a boston terrier was a terrible idea to keep with a 2year old. After that we'd keep various dog species, like collies, mutts, beagles, whippet(it was these 3 puppies that we found. I called mine lasito which means ribbons. I guess its tail reminded me of a ribbon.), retriever pup, sheperd dog(I dont know what kind it was, I remember it looked somewhat like a cairn terrier but bigger. I guess different too.), and other assorted dogs. After I moved here we adopted a dog, and it was my choice. Since I never got to pick a dog, I picked out a wire haired fox terrier. I called him gizmo, after a year my parents didnt like how hyperactive he was(thats why I picked him, he kept me happy by playing with me constantly), and was given away to my friend. My brother came in with his own pittbull and eventually moved out.

Other than dogs we used to also keep a pair of lovebirds, my brother kept a cockatiel, then we all kept chickens(for a short while... when we were kids they were painted and we didnt know it was bad, they ended dying). It was my favorite pet because it was small and adorable, though it only lasted a week. Then the neighbors fell sorry for us and gave us a juvenile chicken, which was somewhat friendly. We did'nt keep it but we "animal sitting" it. We also kept various other animals. But itd be too long to explain. :P

As for my goldfish interest. I love orandas, ryukins, veiltails, ranchus and telescopes(not in order).

• Admin

:welcome WHOOT!!

Hey. I like that name. :P I think when I get that special goldfish Iam seeking Ima call it Koko. Its short and catchy. O:

Thank you :) its short for kokopellii :)

Hey. I like that name. :P I think when I get that special goldfish Iam seeking Ima call it Koko. Its short and catchy. O:

Portuguese perhaps? Italian? What does the name derrive from? Also when I think of koko I think of three things. A black adorable animal, sugar, and anime. Lol

• Admin

That your real name? :)

Nope thats not my real name hun... :)

Portuguese perhaps? Italian? What does the name derrive from? Also when I think of koko I think of three things. A black adorable animal, sugar, and anime. Lol

It comes from Aztec and southwestern part of america :) I just love the way he looks and collect them :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokopelli

kokopelli.gif

That your real name? :)

Nope thats not my real name hun... :)

It comes from Aztec and southwestern part of america :) I just love the way he looks and collect them :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokopelli

kokopelli.gif

Lol people often times confuse me as being brazilian lol. Just made me think of that, when in reality Iam puertorican. Idk why. I guess the whole topic of south america made me think of that. ;D

So koko's goldfish is about kokopelli's goldfish? xD I thought it was your actual name. I mean I don't like myths cause they scare me a bit, but xD thats kinda amusing.