Screwed Up A Water Change.

Erica Stolte

I didn't watch the temps close enough and it got warmer then I'd wanted. Here's hoping Bromley the goldfish is OK. I've been in a bit of a hurry to get water changes done which are already a bit late as I'm going on a small weekend road trip.

I wanted to finish filling the goldfish tank before I went to go to bingo at the nursing home. So for that I goofed up. I suppose the moral is it's best to avoid doing water changes in a hurry.

Also Bromley has a new room-mate as of today, a male BN pleco so I can tear down another tank. He might move out later on, but for now I want to downsize another tank. Male BN cannot move in with female BNs because they'll breed and there's not enough local demand for the babies.

I did something similar when filling my tropical tank the other day, I had the water too warm and didn't notice it right away because I use a 50 feet garden hose connected to the faucet and so it takes a bit until the water arrives at the tank. Suddenly I see the temperature going up drastically so I had to counteract with like a pound of ice cubes.