Api Ammonia

I am hating the testers right now! Why can't they make a reading for 0.10ppm? I am so confused...

Okey so I compared the ammo test from the main tank to the tap water (which is 0). The main tank's ammo result seems to be 'different' than the tap one. It is basically YELLOW - BUT it has a greenish tint to it (nothing close to the 0.25 tho). You can really only see it when you look at it from the top down. It is making me go NUTS! The boyfriend doesn't see it. :(

Anyone have any clue what this is? Do i have like 'trace' ammonia??? What does this mean about my cycle!?!

6 and I did a 50% water change yesterday. This is so weird... I am still waiting on german tester (takes 20mins ahahha)

I have noticed that a lot of people lately are thinking that thier test is showing somewhere between 0 and .25 on API ammo drops. I know that on my kit zero has a slightly green tint. I tested distilled water to get a baseline color because I do have some ammonia in my tap water. And it seems to me like the people who are having this are mostly people who just got a new kit recently. The other thing I have noticed about my kit is that the drops from "bottle 2" are bigger than the drops from "bottle 1" even when I hold the bottles totally vertically like the instructions say. So I'm wondering if having not exactly the same amount of each liquid has an effect. And I'm wondering if this is something going on with the newer kits out there. I've noticed that there are kits in some stores around here where there isn't a lot of turnover that have all the color charts on separate cards and other kits have all the charts on one card. Mine is the latter, and I think those are the newer ones. Just my observations. I might spend too much time with my test kit lately... :testkit:

Anyone have any clue what this is? Do i have like 'trace' ammonia??? What does this mean about my cycle!?!

If in any doubt about NH3, then change water. Try to get another test kit made by some other company to compare with and yes you have something out of balance even if only for a short while.

at least that is how I do it.

Miki what do you use dear?!?!?! ANything I can get a hold of?

THans Mikroll, I did the water change :)

I thought it was a dutch brand. Salifert. I'm hoping they never switch to drops.