Hidr

That is one cool looking fish! I love the second photo down - that face is so charismatic!

Have you had him for a long time?

I love your catfish too - how big is it?

Are oscars easy to care for? What size tank do they need? Can they be with any other fish?

Sorry for all the questions LOL I now have a spare 66 gallon tank and am wondering what to do with it... I thought an oscar would be cool!

That is one cool looking fish! I love the second photo down - that face is so charismatic!

Have you had him for a long time?

I love your catfish too - how big is it?

Are oscars easy to care for? What size tank do they need? Can they be with any other fish?

Sorry for all the questions LOL I now have a spare 66 gallon tank and am wondering what to do with it... I thought an oscar would be cool!

Karma has been with me 1.6 years. Lutino's are usally sold mislabled as an albino. A real albino would be 100's of dollars. Lute's also tend to be a tad smaller then the tigers and red. The blue berry's are died and dying so stay away from them.

Not a catfish that is a common pleco.

About as easy as a goldfish is but need tons of rooms. You can keep them alone in a 55 gallon tank.

If you want a mate or two need at least 75 or more. Need other large fish and best to get them at the same time you get the oscar while he is little. Some people keep 3 silver dollars with them or keep a Jack Dempsey like I do. Also firemouths make good tank mates too.

However I must warn you JD's can get mean as they get older so they are iffy about working out and they grow super slow. About an inch a year. There are also several other big fish you can keep with them if you have a large enough tank. Like some of the larger catfish and some of the large ciclids.

Oscars grow way to fast to upgrade the tank as you go. So if you can't start with a 55 I would wait till you have the money to get a large tank. They grow at and inch or more a month so cheeper just to start with the right size tank.

If you want apair of O's need at least a 90 gallon. Start out with at least 4 or 5 and when a pair seem to have choicen each other rehome the rest.

Great place to learn abour the proper care of an oscar is here. I just touched on their care and your questions, there is tons more you well need to know if you want to keep one.

Thanks for all the info Hidr :)

I have just been having a read through that oscar forum - but will need to read more! Wow - they sure need alot of space! I will do as much research as possible before I decide what to do with the 66 gal as I really dont want to have to upgrade :rolleyes: .

It sure would be nice to have a fish like Karma though! :wub: