Finally Got It Set Up!

kshepherd87

It's been two whole weeks since I picked up my 43.5 gallon bowfront and cabinet and the wait to fill it and set it up has been EXCRUCIATING!!! After waiting aaaaaages for filter media and PP to arrive and then an overnight soak in PP solution it's finally finally set up! Here are some pictures :)

Whole tank shot - I have purply brown rocks, Anubias and moss balls :)

Tank1-1.jpg

My Anubias is slightly brown in places - I really hope this clears up eventually

Tank2-1.jpg

The 2 moss balls are constantly stuck to the filter intake, grrrr!

Tank3-1.jpg

Archie checking out the new addition to his bedroom (and Roxy just looking cute)!

ArchSox.jpg

Another shot of my little babies, just cause they're so darn cute (and it's Archie's 1st birthday today!) heartpump.gif

ArchieandRoxy.jpg

I have an internal filter to add to bring filtration up to over 10x, it's in my QT tub though for now. It's a shame to have to clutter up the tank with an ugly black filter so I may try to get an external at some point. I also want to get a bubble wall as they are a bit prettier than my much loved Eheim airstone!

I'm not sure whether to fishless cycle and leave my 2 teles in their 17 gallon tub for now or to cycle the tank with the teles in there? Mainly I'm just impatient to get fish in the tank but I'll fight the urge and do whatever is best for my little teles - what do you guys think?

OMG it was my dachshund's birthday today too! Your Cavaliers are TOOOOOOO CUTE!!! How old are they???

I LOVE the tank and how you decorated it! I loveeee the little rocks on the side! What type are they? Slate? Looks FAB! Background is also very trendy! :mytank1:

Gorgeous!!!!! Can't wait to see it with swimming friends!!

Great job!

Love your furry babies too! Their faces are so expressive. Happy Birthday little Dude!

OMG it was my dachshund's birthday today too! Your Cavaliers are TOOOOOOO CUTE!!! How old are they???

I LOVE the tank and how you decorated it! I loveeee the little rocks on the side! What type are they? Slate? Looks FAB! Background is also very trendy! :mytank1:

Aww, happy birthday to your dachshund!!! Roxy (ruby) is a year and 2 months and Archie (black and tan) is 1 year old - they are the absolute light of my life heartpump.gif

Thanks :) I'm really happy with how it turned out, though it maybe needs some tweaking here and there! I'm not too sure what type of rocks they are, they weren't labelled at my LFS - they're kind of like slate but without the sharp edges idont.gif They're a cool colour though! :) Aww thanks! I just want my fish in there sooooooooooooo bad now!!!

Looking good Kymie ;) Now where are the fishies?!

Thanks :) I know I know, hehe! I want to put the 2 teles in there sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad right now krazy.gif Will they be ok to cycle in there or do I HAVE to be good and cycle it first? I'm not sure I can wait a whole MONTH blink.gif Plus I can't take decent pictures for you until they are out of their tub, surely that's another good reason to put them in the big tank now????

:nana Kymie, your new tank looks so nice! :D Love how you have it set up! :heart

I bet you just can't wait to watch your finned babies swimming happily around their new home! :fishtank:

I really like the background. I am on the look out for a nice one. I am not sure how I will manage to get round the back of the tank though. It's tucked in to a corner! :unsure:

WAIT and do a fishless cycle! I was sooooo excited once my tank was cycled to have the fish in! And it makes it so stress free!

My dachshund turned 5! SHe is a Miss now :) And my Scottish is 2 :) Both girls :heart

The tank looks great... and so crystal clear! You myst be bursting to have the fish in there!!

What sort of tank is this? I have an 'Aqua One' one that looks just the same :)

Hmmm.... can tie the moss balls to some rocks somehow?

The tank looks great... and so crystal clear! You myst be bursting to have the fish in there!!

What sort of tank is this? I have an 'Aqua One' one that looks just the same :)

Hmmm.... can you tie the moss balls to some rocks somehow?

Looking nice! I love how you tied the plants to the rocks! How are you all doing this anyway, I always got the hardest time trying to tie them to rocks... Especially with plants that have no long roots yet. What kind of string do you use?

Looking nice! I love how you tied the plants to the rocks! How are you all doing this anyway, I always got the hardest time trying to tie them to rocks... Especially with plants that have no long roots yet. What kind of string do you use?

Thanks :) I used fishing line, really thin stuff that cut my hands to shreds while holding and tying it! It was worth it though biggrin.gif I only used 2 pieces of fishing line on each plant and they seem really sturdy (I put the fishing line between the stalks of the plants so the root length didn't matter too much) - the test will come when my 2 teles are released on them though so we'll see how that goes!!

Sure looks nice, Kymie! As mentioned I would try working toward a fishless cycle. This would eliminate stress on your telescopes. Keeping them in the other tank would be your best bet. It takes 4-6 weeks but the wait will be worth it in the long run, and your teles will thank you for it! ;)