Something Fishy About Panda!

Migaloo

I was looking at these photos and I noticed something strange about Panda... he/she has no split in her double tail... its a full tail! (excuse the tears - they are nearly healed now).

I have had him/her for about 3 months and have only just noticed this now!

Is this normal?

PandaTail.jpg

PandaTail2.jpg

Freckles' tail is like that joined in the middle but you can see at the top it is beginning to split... so I reason it's just baby tail, I mean in two years time that could be a little join at the base of a large tail of a large fish :D

:heart

Freckles' tail is like that joined in the middle but you can see at the top it is beginning to split... so I reason it's just baby tail, I mean in two years time that could be a little join at the base of a large tail of a large fish :D

:heart

Here's a pic:

DSC01964.jpg?1288884463

Actually it's considered a flaw for show fish; it's called connected caudals. I recently bought a big fish with connected caudals like that from Goldfish Connection, and the reserve price was lower since it's technically a flaw. I think it's neat because it's similar to a tosakin tail. :)

I've had fish with connected caudals before. No big whoop.

Nowadays, though, it's on my mental checklist when I'm looking at a potential new fish, along with checking for dual anal fins and, if it's a telescope, symmetry of eyes. But connected caudals wouldn't stop me from getting a fish that was otherwise really lovely -- it's just not a very noticeable thing.

Thanks guys! :)

Well there goes our show career! :rofl

And there goes your theory Goldfish Carer! :P

I cant believe it took me this long to notice it! Just looks like a normal fish when swimming around in the tank and I guess its something I never really knew to look for! Would I have still chosen him if I had noticed it when I bought him? I would say YES!

I like it... kind of makes him that little bit more special! :wub:

Edited by Migaloo