Bettas' Intelligence?

Kerstin

My new guy Gandalf must be so intelligent! I got him yesterday and he already knows which corner of the tank I put the food in! So when I go to his tank he swims right to that corner. Coincidence?? What do you guys think? :)

Sorry posted this in the wrong forum with no idea how to move it. :unsure:

Edited by Kerstin

Haku cheats on his bubble nests. I have a small air stone in there that puts out fine bubbles very gently. He catches them in his mouth and deposits them in another corner and builds monster bubble nests. He's a cheater.

Haku cheats on his bubble nests. I have a small air stone in there that puts out fine bubbles very gently. He catches them in his mouth and deposits them in another corner and builds monster bubble nests. He's a cheater.

That is really smart. :) He's making life easier for himself.

bettas are uber smart. all three of mine know when i feed them and they know what to do.

That's cool. I guess I only ever saw them in the little cups at the pet shop before. So I did not give them enough credit.

My betta is very smart - I've trained him to jump up out of the water and take food out of my fingers. He likes to watch me when I lay in bed too -- I can just look in his eyes and see him thinking.

My betta is very smart - I've trained him to jump up out of the water and take food out of my fingers. He likes to watch me when I lay in bed too -- I can just look in his eyes and see him thinking.

Wow, he jumps for food? That's neat.

Wow, he jumps for food? That's neat.

Ok, I very politely and respectively demand a video! bigsmile.gif

He's waiting for you to fall asleep so he can jump out and steal your wallet! :krazy:

• 4 months later...
Guest Jinjerbreadman

I have a giant dragon half moon short tail he is so awsome and smart , when i feed him he gets happy and wags his tail and turn his head to look at me, one time i was spending time with him , my girlfriend got jealous and she bit me on the arm, then my betta startded flaring at my gf lol