Bloodworms

Kerstin

hi there,

I have bought some frozen bloodworms for my betta and wanted to feed some to my comets, too. There are two of them and they are about 3 inches long without tail. How much of the cube of bloodworms can I feed them? And how much should the betta get for that matter?

Thanks

You can give them them half the cube to start to reduce the mess. Do you have gravel in your tank? As for the betta you can feed freeze dried blood worms since you don't have to thaw out a whole cube. When feeding them frozen bloodworms you will want to maybe feed 2-4 worms, but it might be hard to pick them out.

You can give them them half the cube to start to reduce the mess. Do you have gravel in your tank? As for the betta you can feed freeze dried blood worms since you don't have to thaw out a whole cube. When feeding them frozen bloodworms you will want to maybe feed 2-4 worms, but it might be hard to pick them out.

Thanks Haruka. Yes I do have gravel. Should I still feed half the cube? It is rather messy, but then I can always feed that on tank cleaning day. :)

I would do that. It might make it easier for you :D I would also turned the filter off since the worms tend to break off the cube if you drop them in the water and fly around everywhere or get sucked up in the filter. It should only be no more than a minute that the filters are off so you should be safe with that.

I would do that. It might make it easier for you :D I would also turned the filter off since the worms tend to break off the cube if you drop them in the water and fly around everywhere or get sucked up in the filter. It should only be no more than a minute that the filters are off so you should be safe with that.

Thanks Haruka. I'll remember that.