Baby Photos

Thought I'd show some photos of my oldest ones from when they were babies. These photos are from 16 months ago.

Hugo and Orange Fishie, already hanging out together

babyhugoorangefishie.jpg

Hugo and the two comets. The one in the top left corner is Orange Fishie

babyhugo.jpg

Hugo and the two moors. I really can't tell which one is the one that survived... I could only tell them apart by the tail length.

babyhugomoors.jpg

Blacky Fishie when she was little. Her tail grew so much!

babyblackyfishie.jpg

This is what my 10 gallon tank looked like. My fish were so little!

baby10gallontank.jpg

And last but not least, a comparison photo showing how much Hugo grew within 16 months. Crazy, isn't it?!

It is the same cave, but the color faded out. Hugo is the fish between the cave and the plant. And the new pic of her is on an angle, so keep in mind that she is longer than shown here!

Also in this photo is Blacky Fishie. The orange comet is the one that died, same with the white comet with the orange head, that one was one of my favorites.

babyhugogrowth.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Wow that's some impressive growth! Go Hugo! Really cute fishies heartpump.gif

How have you found keeping comets and fancies together? I really like comets but I currently have 2 telescopes and would worry about feeding them. I'm considering maybe a 50 gallon pond for a couple of comets next year :)

My Oranda has no problems with the food. She is so greedy that she actually gets to eat more than the single tails do.

The telescopes I have to hand feed, especially Blacky Fishie who has a really narrow mouth compared to the other fish (including Chibi) and so has even more trouble getting the food. But I don't mind, it only takes like five minutes twice a day to hand feed these two.

Other than that there are no issues, they all get along very well. Of course, this might be different from fish to fish.

Haha, that's why I said Hugo was one of my least favorite fish. She kinda looked silly to me, but developed to a real Queen :3 It's like the ugly duckling tale :D

And just as a side note, it amazes me that most of this development happened during the 10 and 20 gallon phase. I only got the large tank for about six weeks now. I guess I took good enough care of them in their tiny homes :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Thanks, all! Hugo sure loves to hear me tell about what you guy say about her. But she is still down to earth. Or water. ;)

I never realized how much she grew. Same with Blacky Fishie who grew enormous fins. And Orange Fishie turned out so pretty too! I like how she got a lighter orange tone now.

Not seen in the photos is Sucky Fishie, my common pleco (yeah yeah, I know. Didn't know back then though, and so far they're all doing fine together. If there are problems coming up, Sucky Fishie will have to move in with the tropicals) who grew a lot too. S/He was about 2.5 inches maybe when I got him, and has tripled in length.

Wow, she almost does not look like the same fish. Absolutely gorgeous. But then I'm a sucker for comets and shubunkins. :)

These are great before and after pic's :) Your Hugo sure is an ugly duckling story ;) what a beauty she has turned into :) And having the cave for size comparison is way cool!!!

Edited by shellbell4ever

That is amazing! Hugo looks completely different now! her tail has grown so much and her colours are so vibrant now - I love the black streeks she has developed in her tail :)

Its hard to believe they had all grown so much in the 10 gal! :o

LOL they were so tiny that it actually makes the 10gal tank look like a big tank in the photos!