Birthing Guppies

monkeyzero

Hey

Well let me give you specs of my tank

a 30 gallon long

under gravel filter with an extra air wall

79-80 * F is the normal temp.

3 black skirts(returning them since they are meanies!)

8-9 neon tetras

3 guppies(1 male 2 females)

well the females are pregnant and birthing soon

so what should I do?

I have a 5 gallon i can move them into, or i can get a ten gallon with heater from CL.

or should I leave them in there with the neon tetras and the father

do the 2 females need to be separated?

Thanks

I'd personally just add the plants and leave them to survive on their own. It's survival of the fittest. The ones that do survive cannibalism are almost always the ones that will live the longest without too many health issues in the long run. Guppies are not known "million fish" for nothing. They'll spawn on a basis of every few weeks producing an average number of fry by 30-40. Consider the space if you want to rear as many fry as you want.

I also just add plants and leave them be. Yes you well lose a few but it well also help keep the numbers down and it is so much fun to watch them grow up in a regular tank.

Plus moving fish is stressful for them.

Good luck

I'd personally just add the plants and leave them to survive on their own. It's survival of the fittest. The ones that do survive cannibalism are almost always the ones that will live the longest without too many health issues in the long run. Guppies are not known "million fish" for nothing. They'll spawn on a basis of every few weeks producing an average number of fry by 30-40. Consider the space if you want to rear as many fry as you want.

I also just add plants and leave them be. Yes you well lose a few but it well also help keep the numbers down and it is so much fun to watch them grow up in a regular tank.

Plus moving fish is stressful for them.

Good luck

I agree!