Rip Paz :(

This morning I woke up to my Oranda dead and stuck to the filter. I don't even know what happened. He seemed fine until yesterday, he looked just the slightest bit pineconed. I tried to go buy Prazi, but no stores near me have it. I ordered it online to be shipped overnight, and I salted the tank hoping it would hold him over until the Prazi came. He didn't even seem that bad. He was still eating, swimming around, and playing in the bubbler. When I went to bed last night, he was swimming around his tank and seemed fine. When I saw him this morning, I freaked out. I never thought it would be so hard to lose a goldfish. I couldn't stop crying all morning. He was my first goldfish. I never even got a good picture of him to remember him by. My fianc?e and I had a funeral for him in our backyard. Pest in peace, Paz. I will miss you.

• Supporter

oh, i'm so sorry to hear of the sad news.

i will say though, just so that you know incase you go down this road again.. prazi does not assist at all with pineconing. i believe dissolved epsom salts and or metro meds.. so next time it happens (and we all hope it never does happen again) post a D & D emergency so we can help you through it..

again, so sorry for your loss. RIP little bud :(

Dropsy is a terrible thing for a fish to get. Sometimes it comes on so suddenly and the fish is gone just like that, and other times it is a slow killer and the fish suffers. You were lucky Paz went quick. I know that sounds mean, but would you have wanted him to suffer? I lost a fish to dropsy and he suffered tremendously. It was hard. I'm sorry you had to experience this nasty disease. RIP, Paz.