Bye Bye Fluval 304....

While I was out of town helping my friend move, my husband called me in a panic saying that my tank was spewing water every...and it dumped quite a bit! After much unplugging he finally figured out it was the Fluval. My spray bar somehow was shooting water everywhere. And though I could just readjust things, the canister makes him really nervous now. So I got another Aquaclear 50, so now I have one of each on either side of my forty gallon. The water isn't as crystal clear, but at least it is at 400 GPH. Should I be good with this new system? I'm going to test and watch for a few weeks before selling the canister.

What a nightmare! I have to confess, that's my biggest fear when it comes to canisters. You're so lucky your husband was home when it happened!

Sounds like you have plenty of filtration with the two AquaClears. Right now I'm wishing I wasn't at work and could just go make sure my canisters are behaving...

I figure I am smart to eliminate all possibilities of water leaking. The tank isn't quite as clear, but still at 400 GPH. And so far my cycle seems fine. I moved over media from the canister. Now I have to post the canister on craigslist. If he wasn't home it would have been a huge mess.

oh god waht a story! my parents would prob panic for 40 minutes before they start to unplug.. BUT i dont own a canister, so we shall maybe never know! i got a tetra whisper ex70, thinking of getting another one on the other side. that way i got more filtration, and i dont have the worry for a canister going kaput as well as having a spare filter laying around.

Oh, I think it would have worked fine if I were at all mechanically inclined. Really the simplest things I tend to set up wrong. Anyway, I will put it up for sale on Craiglist for $40. It works great and comes with the spray bar and new hoses.

If anyone wants a canister PM me. When I get to it I will do an official classified.

Amy I'm a staunch supporter of AquaClear filters. Right now I'm running five in my three tanks (1-50, 2-70, 2-110) and I have one more 110 waiting for my 120 gal tank. They all do an awesome job for me. ;)