Wen Growth Around One Eye.

Locke

The wen growth on Chubbs is starting to grow around one of her eyes. It's kinda odd though, because it's almost as if the growth is separate from the rest of the head growth. If I can get a good pic, I'll post it. But it looks really weird.

I just did a water change tonight. Water params are perfect. Hopefully, whatever it is, he's healthy. He seems fine, but I'll keep a close eye on him, just in case.

Tanks pretty bare, not a lot of anything in there at all. A tiny bit of gravel still but, no plants. I can't right now, but I think I'll do another water change tonight. Tested water again this morning, and params are still perfect.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Usually bacteria etc which causes popeye or dropsy can't be tested - which is another of the things that make them so tricky. Check your filter. ;)

• Admin

Yeah that was the first thing that hit my thoughts, this fish has Popeye. im really good at seeing this in fish, I would start a salt and heat treatment and if you have Metromed or Medigold I would start it soon :)

Looks like I'm making some progress on w/ Chubbs pop eye problem. It seems to be getting smaller. Been doing daily water changes, and salting the tank. Wish I could do more right now, but it's impossible for me to get any meds, as I'm working crappy hours, and all the stores are closed by the time I'm off work. Hoping to do get to a store tomorrow, or at the latest, Friday.

you don't need any meds for pop eye :) it is usually caused by a buildup of bacteria in the tank - so once you get rid of the bacteria causing the problem he will be just fine :)

Yeah, it looks WAY better than it did two days ago. I'm going to keep up the water changes for another week likely, until I figure it's good. But he looks pretty good right now. Thanks for the help guys/gals. :D

Edited by Locke