Saki Hikari

Cynders

:unsure: Now this has made me a tad angry, that that $18 pack of Saki Hikari makes Alfred and Romano floaty. It's ridiculous. Now it just makes them a little buoyant but they can swim around just fine and it subsides in a few hours. Does anyone else have this problem? I might switch foods again, but Ludwig has had a growth spurt on it and is growing really well, and in Red and Soochi's case...:rofl they're still fat.

YUP! Makes Einstein and Sir A very floaty :( But I love this food! I feed it to all the others :) I find it very good for growth .

Einstein and Sir A tho float on most commercial food... :blink:

Every goldfish is unique, and some will float on some foods and not on others. I never had a fish get floaty on Saki-Hikari when I used to feed it, but I've had several get floaty from Hikari Lionhead. It's really an individual thing.

I do think Saki-Hikari is a high-quality food, Tay -- it just unfortunately doesn't agree with Alfred and Romano. ;)

:rofl I am shocked at Romano! He was a nnnn fish, I thought he was bombproof! Well can't have everything :lol I found that feeding smaller amounts daily keeps them both from floating and adding a little bloodworm helps too. Ludwig's wen loves the stuff.

Loves the bloodworms or the saki hikari? I want to get Spicey's wen to grow...

Bloodworms (thawed frozen) are awesome for wen growth. I have to watch out not to feed them too often, because everyone starts getting white wen growth spots like crazy when I do.

<br />
<br />Loves the bloodworms or the saki hikari? I want to get Spicey's wen to grow...<br />
<br />Bloodworms (thawed frozen) are awesome for wen growth.??I have to watch out not to feed them too often, because everyone starts getting white wen growth spots like crazy when I do.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Oh really? So I guess they're quite high in protein then. Should feed them to my hubby, he keeps saying he want/needs more protein when he works out. ;D

How about the freeze dried version?

Yes I agree with Dee Dee, the frozen blood worms by hikari and the saki hikari and Ludwig looked like he was on steroids, so it's time to buff him up now.

I don't think the freeze dried ones are as good. I got the hikari freeze dried brine shrimp, the mess was amazing. With the hikari frozen blood worm cubes I drop them in the tank and turn the filters off. The little worms 'wiggle' through the water and they go cuckoo.

I never deem freeze dried foods of any form acceptable for fancies. They add up air as the fish ingest them. Besides, I tried freeze dried shrimps to them and they never exactly displayed enthusiasm to it than anything else.

Luckily I haven't had any problems with it, even if I'm in a rush to work and forget to soak the food in time and feed it dry.

Hmm I never soak my food in water. xD I just give it as is. Its like "YOU WILL EAT IT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!" lol. xD Anywho, I do feed hikari, but its just plain hikari. I need to replace it though.... Its over a year old.