Nitrites = Pine Coning?

kukana d

Hey guys,some of you know I was having some water issues-everything is straightened out-except in my main tank,where the nitrite are still between 0-.25. I have done 2 w/c this weekend,and changed all filter pads-except for 1 course blue in 1 of my 4 Eheim Pro 3 2080s that I have on that tank-they were pretty dirtywall.gif I have a black ranchu-Macy-who maybe 1 mo. ago,I found at the bottom of the tank and slightly pine coned.I moved him to qt,treated w/ Maracyn and fed a/b food. That didn't really help-but heat,epsom salt,and peas did-he returned to normal-I was SOOOOOOO happytribana.gifSo he's been back in the main tank for 2-3 weeks now. Ok,I just noticed that he's starting to pine cone againyikes.gifBefore I move him and treat again(I'm filling a qt now),I was wondering if anyone ever had a fish respond to trace nitrites w/ dropsy? Or heard of it?Thanks,guys:)

PS Todays params are 0/0-.25(not quite blue or light purple)/10. Nothing else new-just dirty filters.

Maybe it was more the dirty filter pads that did it? I know Dr.House is very sensitive to any gunk. How is the pineconing now?

Thank you ladiesheartpump.gifI have moved him into qt-temp-79*,added epsom,and started a/b food. He seems ok apart from his scales lifting-which they are still doing this morning. Fingers and fins crossed here,todayplease.gif

Update: Macy's scales are almost completely flat againsmilie_staub.gifI've still got him in epsom,and I know not to use epsom for more than 8 days-right? Only bummer is that I started him on an a/b food,and now I HAVE to finish the 2 week course so as not to create any super bugsyikes.gif I figure that's ok though b/c there's obviously something going on that made his scales lift a 2nd time-that I did not knock out the 1st time around-when I did not use a/b food.