I Feel So Sad For My Brother

Some of you may remember my mentioning of my brothers 55 gallon tropical tank here and there. He's worked very hard to have beautiful fish, but he changes his mind so much. He ends up taking fish back to the place he got them from just to come home with a new type. He started out with african cichlids, then moved to severums, then gouramis. I had to stop paying attention because I'd get so frustrated with him. Just stick to one species please! One day he brought home a small Jack Dempsey he paid a pretty price for it too. It lasted a week or two, then it died, so he exchanged it for the last one in the store. I think there had only been a handful in the first place. He brought it home and it was doing very well. Then he brought home a rubberlip pleco. Everything was fine for weeks. The little dempsey was actually growing rapidly. Then last night by brother noticed some of his scales were missing. I guess he saw the pleco messing with him, so he removed the pleco and added aquarium salt to the dempseys tank. In the end he didn't make it. :( He's sworn off big fish and is sticking to small tropicals. :( I feel bad because he really loved this fish. I really liked it too. He was so pretty! He was never named; brother doesn't believe in naming fish. But I wanted everyone to "grieve" for this little fish, cuz besides me, no one else will. RIP, little Jack!

Edited by whitner

Get him about 12 guppy couples and in 25 days he will be so busy taking care of the new fish babys that he will forget new fish from store and worry about what to do with all the new guys, never have time to think about buy new fish.