We Bought 3 Guppies

pinkskitty93

Umm yeah

My dad forced me to buy a guppy but I kept on telling him that my bigger fish will eat those SMALL guppies.

But still, he bought those guppies and put them in my aquarium :wall

The next day, my fish,Max,tried to eat 'em. I still kept on telling my dad that my fish are eating the guppies and he said "Let them die. Its part of nature"

I got mad so I just watched my fish eat the guppies.

One guppy jumped out of the container and my dad found him/her after 20 minutes. (My dad put the guppy in another small aquarium that has dirty water. I actually put the dirty water there from the bigger tank because I don't like walking to the bathroom and go back to my room just to throw the water.)

The second guppy was bitten by Max on the tail and got beheaded. :rip:

The third one is still alive but scared to go near my fish.

I was planning to name them Ruby,Rudy and Rosy but they died already. :mad:

Any idea what small guppies eat? I tried feeding them flakes but they won't eat it.

• Supporter

aaaawwww.. how sad :( i am so sorry that you had to see all that happen.. particularly when your intention was to keep them as pets.. i don't know what they eat as i've never owned them... but someone will come along soon and advise you of that..

Guest HideAndGeek

Guppies eat flakes. I always just feed them plain tropical flakes.

The guppy might just be too scared to eat. Give it a bit of time and it'll be chow down next time you feed. =]

Edited by HideAndGeek

They eat a lot of things. I was feeding mine, shrimp pellets, blood worms, brine shrimp and crunshed flakes. Once they settle in and are not in fear of their life they well eat pretty much anything. Varity is best.

• Admin

wow hun, Im sorry....

If a goldfish hasnt been around small fish they will do this. Guppies have a tendency to dart when scared and that will trigger goldfish to think its wild food and will eat them... Yeah never a good idea to do this with goldfish hun... I wished your DAD would have listen to you :(

well if i were u i would have kept them in a separate container even if my dad would have forced me.

first of all buy some other guppies so your guppy will start to get calm :newfish

keep them in another tank or container and give them finely crushed flaked food once a day(thats what i give my guppies, swordtails and mollies).

keep changing their water once a week.

ps: Dont EVER keep swordtails and goldfish with guppies! :D

Im sorry about what happened to your guppies :(

Guppies are social and should always be kept with at least several other guppies. If you plan to keep males and females together, I think the ratio is 2 females to one male (or was it 3 to 1 :undecided: - I cant remember as I only keep male guppies).

I feed my guppies finely crushed flakes and frozen bloodworms, but they also enjoy nibbling at shelled peas - I always throw them a pea when I do peas for my goldfish and they have alot of fun attacking it!

Good luck with your guppies! ;)