Up And Running!

blackteles

Got my new 29 gal tank up and running. Criminy, building the #@%$ stand for it was the most difficult part (I always hated shop class). I'm running an AC 110 and added some used media from the tank I took down. I'm just going to run it for a while until I get my BB established, then this will be the new home for the chocolate twins. The one on the left is my 20 gal tropical tank.

tanks.jpg

:Congrats: Looks great Dennis! Your going to run the AC 110 on it for goldies? Let me know how that works because I have a 29 gallon for my reef and I run the AC 110 on it and my mollies have a hard time if they swim near the intake tube or under the water fall. :) Edited by caitie

:Congrats: Looks great Dennis! Your going to run the AC 110 on it for goldies? Let me know how that works because I have a 29 gallon for my reef and I run the AC 110 on it and my mollies have a hard time if they swim near the intake tube or under the water fall. :)

Hi Edith! Yep, the 29 gal will be for 2-3 of my teles so I'll let you know how they do. I run an AC 50 in my 20 gal tank for the tropicals and they do fine with that much. If I'm correct Sakura runs two AC 110's on her 55 gal tank. I'm running two AC 70's and an AC 110 on my 55 gal telescope tank. Will keep you posted. :)

That would be great cause I'm looking to upgrade my AC on the 20 gallon (it currently has a 30) maybe I'll go with a 50 then. :)

OK Edith...the 50 works perfect for my 20 gal tropical tank! Params are always perfect and the output flow is good as well and I'd recommend it anytime for the 50. I'll let you know how the 110 does on the 29 gal teles tank! ;)

Dennis you could start a stand building business if you didn't dislike it so much! I'd buy one from you for sure!

Looking forward to seeing this tank progress! Hooray for chocolate!

Actually Fang they are a decent fluorescent bulb set in the housing but the water was still cloudy as I had just set the tank up...so the cloudiness of the water gives it that funky purple hazy type look. It's crystal clear right now thanks to the AC 110 doing it's job. ;)

Well tonight I did my parameter checks on the new 29 gallon tank. Ammonia was reading at .25...the teles aren't stressed and they're doing fine. A 50% water change along with a gravel sweep and Prime addition brought everything right back to 0.0 ammonia. Have to keep an eye on it but I'm heading to my LFS tomorrow to pick up a container of Nutrafin Cycle to help push the cycle along nicely. pH levels are holding at a good 7.6 level...so far so good. ;)