Corn

npila1

I want to add more veggies and fruit to STL's diet. I read the lists posted on kokos about food you can give to goldfish and I saw corn included in that and since I have frozen corn I thought maybe I can give them that. Do I have to boil/cook it or can I just thaw it? Do I need to remove the skin like I do with the peas and then break it into smaller pieces?

As long as it's unsalted I think it would be fine. Is it a cob of frozen corn? I think you'd be able to use that just fine. :D Yes you will want to boil it and then take the kernels out of the husk so that it's easy for them to eat.

As long as it's unsalted I think it would be fine. Is it a cob of frozen corn? I think you'd be able to use that just fine. :D Yes you will want to boil it and then take the kernels out of the husk so that it's easy for them to eat.

Ok thanks, that sounds good :) It's not cob by the way, it's just corn.

My guys have had frozen corn before. I soften them first in a cup of boiled water (from the kettle)and add a dash of prime. When they have softened I let them cool and squish them out of their skins. My gang love it. Good luck! :D

Thanks for the reply Becs. May I ask why you add prime??

Just so I condition the water! Perhaps I don't need to, but I always do it! :unsure:

Oh ok! I'll let you know how it goes - I hope they will like it :)

If your guys are anything like mine they will love it! So far the only thing I have found my fish not like is carrot! But when I put a jar of carrot baby food in with their gel food they like it!!

:D same for mine!! Carrots is the only thing they don't eat so far!

Is it the middle of the afternoon for you. I'm on the wine, but i'm allowed it's 8:23 pm my time! :)

LOL Becs..I have to wait a few hours yet...but I could get a head start on it! ;)