Real Goldfish Used For Jewelry!

:unsure: Does the belt smell like formaldehyde? I wouldn't want to be smelling like a cadaver all day...

LOL...this young lady is heading right for the Cafe'...she's a natural! Helen?? :pp

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of me thinks it is cool, part of me thinks it is gross to think you have a dead animal as decoration. I know we use leather, but this is only a part of an animal, not the entire thing. And not just as plain decoration.

:unsure: Does the belt smell like formaldehyde? I wouldn't want to be smelling like a cadaver all day...

LOL...this young lady is heading right for the Cafe'...she's a natural! Helen?? :pp

:rofl :rofl :rofl

It does look a little creepy though.

Hmm... I think it's sort of interesting. Seeing as how she collects fish already dead for the purpose, I certainly don't see anything inherently wrong with it.

I actually have a few jewellery pieces with insects preserved under glass that I love. This doesn't seem all that different. Many people collect preserved specimens of fish/insects/ect. Why not wear them?

Absolutely not to everyones taste though.

i like it .. i see almost like a tribute or something. i mean people keep people in urns .. and others taxidermy their pets or hunting trophys. as long as she dosnt kill em.. actually if i had a gorgeous fish that died i might be one to preserve it as art.. then again im weird and sort of morbid.

Nothing wrong with it I guess... just kind of looks nasty. Just don't like looking at dead animals... even if this is art.

It's a little gross to me; dead fish, no matter how pretty they were when they were alive, always look sickly to me.

For SOME reason though, if it were on a canvas or some other medium than jewelry, I'd be less disconcerted. Not sure why...

It's an interesting idea though.

• 1 month later...

i like the style i mean all the little details catch your eye but otherwise it reminds me of this one cat treats my mom got for my cats that were these little dried fish the cats didnt like them and i hated waking up in the morning steping on one-freaked me out so i tossed them.

otherwise so long as she doesnt raise the fish to kill or kill herself i dont see why it would be wrong i eman is it really any differant then people mounting animal heads on the wall? i used to take dead butterflys i would find on the side of the road if they were in good enough condition and pin them to my wall. sometimes i would find some still alive and take them home and try to nurse them back to health with humming bird necter-never worked so after a day or two (make absoluly certian they were dead) i would pin them to my wall after about 4 years i had a large collection almost the entire wall was butterlies i pined to look natural not like a speciemin book but like they were alive all over my walls it was lovely my bf thought i was gross

Mixed feelings, I feel that firstly, the designer has some imagination, secondly, I feel that it is GROSS to, um, wear something that is, uh, dead(a bit creepy to me)...

• 2 weeks later...

There's someone on Etsy that does something like this with dead goldfish she gets. Only she dries them and then puts them in that clear plastic stuff. Personally I would feel creeped by wearit it, but some of them actually look pretty neat. She puts different little things in there and make bubbles in the stuff. I appreciate the art, as they are simply recycling and immortalizing something that is normally thrown out, but it's not for me.

Then again, I have a necklace with a itty bitty bottle on it that has two baby teeth from my first baby ferret in it. It creeps non-ferret people out, but my ferret friends think it's adorable. You don't usually find the baby teeth, so I was very lucky. I have a teeny little molar and the tiniest canine ever. lol!