Popeye?

number20121

I might just be on an edge and over worrying because I'm tired, because that is what I do when I am tired, but I'm not sure if Hugo's eyes seem a bit big to me all of a sudden.

I just took this video of her

http://s82.photobuck...sthispopeye.mp4

I made the font red because for some reason the OLD video is embedded, but the new one up here that I took just before is not and I don't want you guys to miss it.

This video here is from a month ago and now that I look at it I'm not sure if there really is a difference.

Maybe I just need you guys to ease my mind and tell me my beautiful girl is alright. Or if this looks like popeye, what to do about it.

The only medications I got at home is prazi pro and API melafix. Tank is currently at 0.1% salt

Water params 0/0/10 pH 7.5, temp 74. Had my cycle almost completely killed a week ago, got nutrafin cycle to fix it, water quality is perfect since. Twice weekly 50% or larger water changes.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Okay! It just seemed to me as if her eyes stick out a bit more than usual. It might be due to a slight color change. You see the dark spot on her left eye (the orange side)? She didn't use to have that about half a year ago. On her right eye (white side) the are between the eye and red looks a bit darker. I wonder if this just makes her eyes pop out more in some sort of color effect or if her eyes REALLY pop out a bit more.

I agree it doesn't look like Pop Eye to me,if you get it there's no mistaking it sadly :( and it's usually treated with Epsom salt :) I think your also right about the eye's being different colors making them look a bit off ;) Your Hugo is very pretty :)

• Supporter

i agree.. no popeye here.., is it possible that she's always had just a slightly more risen eye and you've only just noticed it? to me she looks wonderfully healthy and beautiful.. loving the kitty meow!

I checked older photos and her eyes really are risen up a bit more. I guess the slight dark half ring about the eyes just messes with me, because it makes it look like it pops out a lot more.

And yeah, the first time the kitty meows, Hugo is opening her mouth and it looks like she is meowing. Too funny!

• Supporter

i noticed that too (about kitty and hugo).. in sync! you trained them well! :tomuch:

i used to have a ryukin named bruiser.. i called him that as he had one normal coloured eye and the other was black, you couldn't see the pupil at all!.. it looked like he got smacked in the face and bruised.. so bruiser it was.. anyhow, i thought one day.. geez that eye looks huge.. i scaled pics for hours to find one that looked normal.. at 3am i determined that A i was being stup!d, B it was just the black patch growing!.. the eye was perfectly fine..

but for hugo, just keep an eye on her, the fact that you notice from past pics that they are slightly risen, could be as stated, due to growth, or the begining of something else. no-one can be sure if she's behaving normally.

Bruiser lol I guess I'm just noticing things more lately. I get weird when I'm tired, slightly paranoid. Not really. Rather worried easily about my babies and lately I'm very tired, so there we go.

Good to have you guys with all your knowledge and experience!