Plant

molbert73

I have an amazon sword in my tank and it appears to not be doing so well. Would you remove the plant or see how it goes. I don't want anything to happen that I could prevent to my little guy.

I just tested the water and all is good there.

I'll try to take a pic of the plant and post it.

Oh I never had any luck with swords :( are the leaves getting mushy and transparent? I think those plants need lots of light and nutrients.

No I didn't bleach it. It was one of the ones that come packaged by itself at one of the large chain stores.

It does seem to be getting mushy and transparent.

001-2.jpg

the tips of the plant are turning brown

006-2.jpg

What should I put in there? Java fern?

I would just rip off those mushy/transparent leaves. The rest of the leaves look ok.

It looks like the new leaves are the ones getting mushy. Maybe try breaking the plant into several smaller ones so the new leaves don't have to compete too much for light. I have minimal lighting on my tanks and the amazon swords are all thriving.

Edited by ashlee18

otherwise you can try putting it in a bowl and blasting it with light, CO2 and nutrients. Like I said, I don't get these anymore because they eventually all became mushy :cry1

• Admin

Swords are kinda hard plants, they like high lights and good plant food. I tried them years ago and the only way I got them to live was a co2 thinging and florish excel :)