New Orandas

I'd like you all to meet Frenchy and Fester, my two new orandas. Frenchy is a redcap (named for his red beret, of course), and Fester Addams is black. They're my largest fish, both about 4 inches in body length, and both are doing well so far in the new Tacky Tiki Tank II.

Frenchy:

frenchyleftside3.jpg

Fester:

festersideview.jpg

The two of them are getting along nicely so far (I was worried that Fester was going to be too much of a bully, but he seems to have mellowed some).

bffs.jpg

Frenchy, looking pensive:

frenchyface.jpg

Fester wants to eat. ALWAYS.

festermouth.jpg

Tiki Fish:

frenchyleftside.jpg

If anyone in NorCal is looking for a black oranda, Fester's identical twin is hanging out at the LFS just waiting for someone to snatch him up. :) PM me for store details if you're interested.

Edited by RanchuDressing

:Congrats: :Congrats: :Congrats:

The Tacky Tiki lives!!!!!!!!!!

They are just FABULOUS!!! Frenchy has the most perfect wen! :heart Look at those breeding stars :) Is Fester also a boy?

I love the background! Is it fabric?

Turtle Tiki

Yep, I do fabric backgrounds on both tanks. I had 1/8" plastic cut to fit the backs of the tanks, then I wrapped them with the fabric. It's really easy to swap out if I get bored.

I'm not sure yet if Fester is a boy. He doesn't have breeding stars, but he has an innie vent, so I'm kind of stumped. If he ends up being Morticia Addams, that would be OK with me. :D

:Congrats: I am so glad to finally see more pictures of them. I have to go to No-Cal in December and I would love to go get Fester's twin. But I'm flying....I don't know the rules on flying back. It always drives me crazy when I'm there because pet central has the most amazing fish.

Oh My Gosh!!!! RD They are super cute!!!I love their chubby faces :) are they all from your lps??? And I love the newly designed Tiki Tank Too!!!!!! And the name Frenchy reminded me of Grease :) Frenchy with the pink hair (LOL) ;)

Edited by shellbell4ever

are they all from your lps???

Fester, the black oranda, is from one of my fave fish stores. Their goldfish selection is small but usually has some impressive fish. I love to stop by there every couple of weeks and see what they have. They had gigantic black moors a month or two ago, huge ones that were just jet black throughout. :druel They almost always have really large ryukins too.

Frenchy is from the Goldfishnet.com auction two weeks ago. I had Fester and decided he needed a buddy. I was kind of out of my head after losing my elderly pug, and Fester was an impulse buy at the LFS on the way home. Then I found myself online buying Frenchy shortly thereafter.

I LOVE them both :) And the lipstick! Its too cute.

I had my dad bring me a fishy back from San Diego on the plane. Don't know if it was legal or not but he has of way of always getting his way...I think I got that from him...

They are both magnificent orandas RD! I am truly in awe of them - I would love a nice black oranda like Fester!

Love how you have given them such appropriate names - they're great!

Frenchy's lipstick made me smile... what a face! I want to pinch those chubby cheeks!!

:Congrats:

• Supporter

Oh mt gawwwd they are adorable!!!! Frenchy and Fester are too cute and I love their chubby faces!! Congrats!

I am in the nor cal area... *giggles* I wouldn't be able to adopt Fester's twin because I'm currently working on my main tank, but I would LOVE to know what lfs it is. I'm always looking to check-out new stores in the area :)

Edited by amoonklein

Both are Beautiful !

perfect Wens , strong fins , and Frenchy's bright white is to die for .

That big mouth on fester means He's going to be huge .

Breeders look for big mouth's on strong swimmers . He will be the first one to the dinner table. :feedme