Betta Not Really Moving And Not Eating

CatfishSoup

noo hes not dead..

anyway, i have had moonski, my halfmoon betta for almost a year.. shall be soon on boxing day :D and he is quite the community betta. spent months on a 10 gal with some buddies, never bugged em, he swam around ate fine, was great. then, i moved on to a 55 gallon. He joined the bigger gang and magic, he had his general area where he chills, then swims around as i know bettas like to scout around. and during feeding time he would race up to a different spot where all the other fish usually eat, and i would feed him different food, i.e. blood worms. another reason why i taught him to go to a different spot was because my tetras are lightspeed(taco) (aBanana) fast, and so he wouldnt get the food. then, eventually i dunno the tetras would think his tail is flakes, so it got a bit.. well messed up ! SAD FACE ! :( but he faught on being a happy fish. But waht i did is that, i had, or now well have again, 2 other bettas in the 55 gallon . now i know what you are thinking.. GET THEM OUT OF THERE ! but no worries, i have little breeding containers which work great as betta containers as well. there are grills on the side, so its the same 55 gal water, they usually swim around, get uber happy when its feeding time (especially the female.. she gets wayy too happy) and so now anyways.. lately moonskis my betta has been a bit slow.. hes not stuck sunk in the container, nor is he floating. but waht he is doing is just... pretty much taking his dearest time and not really moving. so lazy in fact that when he idles, his side fins arent flapping away like waht bettas usually do when they move or well idle as well. and now, i tried feeding him.. he looks at it for some time, then backs off. no luck! physically, he seems great, no weird body shape, his tail has been growing soo fast, its amazing so thats a plus but now.. hes just uber lazy for everything it seems. which isnt a good thing.

now, waters great, i stand at a solid 78 degrees, i do my usual 25-30 percent water change every week, overall, water is doing great, all other fish are great, but moonskis seems out of orbit here.

any thoughts?

and as i am posting this.. i dunno if i posted it in the wrong section.

anyways, i hope you guys can help! would very much appreciate it. i do have a medic tank which i can move him in, in case of any medication required seeing as how treating a 55 gal is a bit much. especially with the risk of ruining all my wonderful plants.

The betta in my 5 gal was active when I moved him, then after a few weeks he settled in and started to not be as active. I use a small mirror to get him going, maybe he's just bored? Almost a year old he's seen all there is to see. xD

When you say you have betta baskets do you mean that now monnskis is in one of thos baskets too? If you have put him in there after he had the run of the tank maybe he is bored? :(

When you say you have betta baskets do you mean that now monnskis is in one of thos baskets too? If you have put him in there after he had the run of the tank maybe he is bored? :(

he has been in there for maybe.. 2 months or less. he was always fine. my female has been there a lot longer than him shes.. excited all day every day, and so were my past bettas (got sick, medicated them but they died D:)new one is fine though as expected

About how long have you noticed him not eating? What are you feeding him and how much/how often?

today was when i noticed he wasnt eating. he ate it fine yesterday but seemed a bit.. not interested but he went for it anyway. and i usually give all of em dried bloodworms, and those betta pellets the hikari one or wahtever they care called. i feed them twice a day, in the morning before i go to school and then around dinner time, so 4-6 ish in the afternoon. i do give em a fast day during the week, for all my fish, so that they dont go sinking or floating off due too overfeeding and what not.

;) I'd say he's just fine, it seems he's just not hungry right now. It could be the amount you're feeding him. I feed my boys and girls once a day and have yet to have a incidence of a betta uninterested in food. Is his stomach swollen at all?

;) I'd say he's just fine, it seems he's just not hungry right now. It could be the amount you're feeding him. I feed my boys and girls once a day and have yet to have a incidence of a betta uninterested in food. Is his stomach swollen at all?

nope, his stomach seems fine, and his overall physical shape.. his curves we can say, seem great. strong and healthy looking. he seems a bit happier today, he actually started swimming around when he saw me, like when a dog wags its tail.. :D i shall see how he goes, he only ate one of the two pellets today.. ate the second one like hours later, but at least there is progress. though he did struggle to eat it. ate it, then spat it out twice. hopefully he is fine. i will feed him slowly with smaller portions over the next few days

:) Ok then, sounds good. You could try enticing him with some frozen Bloodworm/Brineshrimp. Nowadays I almost exclusively feed my kids just such, rotating it daily. For some time in the beginning of my Betta hobby experience I fed pellets only and after a while they seemed to get "bored" with it. Eating less, that sort of thing. Maybe your little guy needs some more variety? Idk. Just a thought. ;)