Snail Pics!

whitner

I was in the mood to take pics of my snail tank today.

P1090385.jpg

Potter

P1090383.jpg

Peeves

P1090381.jpg

Severus Snape. He stayed up too late last night. :undecided:

P1090379.jpg

P1090380.jpg

P1090382.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

P1090387.jpg

P1090389.jpg

P1090388.jpg

Caught him as he was falling. BOMBS AWAY!

P1090390.jpg

There you have 'em, folks. My wonderful trio. All male. They're very happy and are thriving. I love them. :heart I hope I don't lose them as quickly as I lost Neville. RIP, Neville.

i need more snails in my tank, because mine is all alone. XD i has a zebra snail, and i love em. the design is great. i should really get some more. they actually move quite fast.. you think they are slow, but if you turn your head for like 1 minute, they are already across the tank!

Beautiful tank. Cute snails. Are the apple snails? Love the Harry Potter theme, being a BIG fan of the books myself. :)

Yep. Pomacea diffusa to be exact. None are plants eaters except for other species particularly the Pomacea canaliculata.

Nice snails, Whitney. I like the blue snails.:) Strange though the shells are extremely white. I've never seen blue snails like that. Have you ever checked if the shells were painted?

Thanks everyone!

Nice snails, Whitney. I like the blue snails.:) Strange though the shells are extremely white. I've never seen blue snails like that. Have you ever checked if the shells were painted?

Peeves is the only blue. Snape is an ivory. No painted shells. Au naturale. :)

Edited by whitner

I love your avatar, Lola! I wish I had the skills to carve a cool picture like that.

Thanks! I wish I had skills that too! Hee hee! It's totally borrowed from the interwebz. bigsmile.gif

I love your avatar, Lola! I wish I had the skills to carve a cool picture like that.

Thanks! I wish I had skills that too! Hee hee! It's totally borrowed from the interwebz. bigsmile.gif

*GASP* You cheated? LOL. I would have done the same. :rolleyes: