Egads! Stink Bug!

Lola_Granola

So here I am, cutting fabric, listening to Postal Service while Little Breeches naps....having a good old time......when I smell something.

Let me preface this with the fact that I have a very sensitive sense of smell. It's both a blessing and a curse.

There was a stink bug (they are everywhere this time of year) floating in Herman's tub/tank! And of course you know what Herman was trying to do! smilie_krank_142.gifThe little bugger is still alive, having been tossed outside.

Should I be worried?

I can't stand those things LOL And they have no natural predator since some fool brought them over here from Asia. It's a terrible infestation. CALL FEDERICA. KILL THEM ALL.

You are indeed lucky. We don't get them too much here but they collect around the back door and they are just troublesome and gross. And if you kill them they smell horribly. Try looking up stin bug infestation on google. There was a poor woman on the news whose house was covered.

Phew! Thanks you guys! I was ready to faint.gif! I sure don't want anything to happen to the little dude! And certainly not death by stink bug! Sheesh!

And stink bugs really ought to be be called "Stinky Feet Bugs".

They are everywhere up this way. I was reading how they've been ruining orchard crops this year.

I even had one sitting on my shoulder all through dinner the other night. You should have heard the giggles!

Certainly no need to be worried whatsoever...our goldfishes carp ancestors ate those stink bugs all the time in the wild...

So today's menu would be:

1. Tubifex worms as the appetizer

2. Sinking pellets as the main course

3. Stink bug as the finale dessert

Man, life is good! :tomato:

CALL FEDERICA. KILL THEM ALL.

:thumbs:

:pan:bat:

Yuckkkk!!!! We have those things here too! My boyfriend SQUISHED one this summer! YUCK! (oHHH and that was the one which was full of live worms!!!! :crazy: )

(I also have the sensitive nose curse, my boyfriend thinks I imagine stuff half the time!)

They are so nasty! I totally agree!

Worms!?! Ewwww!!!!

I know it's not their fault, so I try and be nice to them. That and the smell. Hee hee.

We could become sommaliers or perfumers Frederica!

My husband thinks I'm nuts too. I nag him all of the time about Lucky's litter box and it's all the way in the rear corner of the basement. We're just special!

Certainly no need to be worried whatsoever...our goldfishes carp ancestors ate those stink bugs all the time in the wild...

So today's menu would be:

1. Tubifex worms as the appetizer

2. Sinking pellets as the main course

3. Stink bug as the finale dessert

Man, life is good! :tomato:

I love it Dennis! He was SURE trying to get that stinker for a mid-afternoon snack! Blech!

I can't imagine what the water would have smelled like if he could have nabbed it!

Curse continues - I CANNOT stand the smell of wine. When my boyfriend takes even a sip I have to take a 10feet distance from him :rofl

Oh and perfumes - why do some people think it is nice to empty half a bottle of perfume on them?!?!

Curse continues - I CANNOT stand the smell of wine. When my boyfriend takes even a sip I have to take a 10feet distance from him :rofl

Oh and perfumes - why do some people think it is nice to empty half a bottle of perfume on them?!?!

Oh no! You poor thing! I wish I didn't love wine! But it is difficult for me to find one I like that is also vegan. Now liquor on the other hand? Forget it!

I'm the same way about perfume and artificial scents like detergents and shampoos. I make all of our cleaning products with a couple exceptions (castille soap, shampoo). I can't even walk down the cleaning isle at the grocery (Little Breeches is the same way). I use natural oils for perfume and just a tad. I have found a fabulous lady who makes the most exceptional natural scents on Etsy.

And just to keep it fish related: I only wash with castille soap for the fish as well. Don't want to expose them to all of those chemicals!