Ducky, Kana, And The Common/comet School's Debut!

Kateana

Hey all,

I just wanted to stop by and share some new pictures of Kana and Ducky and introduce to you guys my pack of 9 Common/Comet goldies. This is the first time I've ever posted them here on Koko's! :D

Some of them have names, some don't. They were a rescue a while back from a guy on CL. He got them for his turtles as feeders, and when the turts decided they did'nt like them as food-the goldies ate the turtle food and grew and grew. :rolleyes:

So without further ado, here they are. Sorry for the poor picure quality for the Commons/Comets-their aquarium is pretty scratched up!

Haru

camera02749.jpg

Hisoka (was once black, but turned gold)

camera02727.jpg

Random Comets

camera02729.jpg

My smallest Common (name suggestions, anyone?)

camera02728.jpg

Tama

camera02745.jpg

Haru and Kazumi (who was once a red cap like Tama!)

camera02739.jpg

Ducky

camera02768.jpg

camera02761.jpg

camera02759.jpg

Kana

camera02751.jpg

camera02767.jpg

Looks like a watercolor painting

camera02765.jpg

Kana "dancing"

camera02756.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by Kateana

Wow, they all look amazing! I LOVE comets! Just curious, what size tank / tanks do you have for them, since they require more room. Just to get an idea for myself, since I got two single tails :)

Any idea about the gender of the tiny comet, or does it even matter?

Aw, thanks BuggyBear!

When I picked them up, they were in a 55gallon along with 3-4 turtles, and large ones at that. :blink:

The water was so terrible smelling by the time I got home-that turtle water smell, like when they don't get enough w/c's. Now they get my whole 55 to themselves. I've noticed they've grown since I acquired them. And after I move this month, they're going into a nice big pond. :D

Wow, they all look amazing! I LOVE comets! Just curious, what size tank / tanks do you have for them, since they require more room. Just to get an idea for myself, since I got two single tails :)

Any idea about the gender of the tiny comet, or does it even matter?

Thanks Fang. ;)

They're currently in a 55, because we're in the middle of moving. The home we just bought has a lovely large goldifsh pond that I'll be releasing them into. I'll take a picture of the whole tank with them in it just so you can have a better idea of how much room they have at the moment, being that there's 9 of them! The mini Common is a boy, fortunately all my Commons/Comets are showing their breeding tubercles so I can tell who's a girl and who's a boy!

Such pretty fish. Kana reminds me again why I love orandas so so much

Thanks for the comment amynmitchell. :)

I know exactly what you mean. :exactly

She's so lovely. :wub:

Awww the feeders grew into real beauties!!! People who feed turtles goldfish :SmackBottom: how terribly unhealthy! and 4turtles in such a small tank, double :SmackBottom: (my turt tanks never smell)

Awwww and Ducky seems to be having a huge growth spurt!!! :heart

A pond, how nice! I don't think I'd ever want to keep my two single tails in a pond. Hugo is way too pretty to only be seen when going outside :D She definitely gotta stay inside, and so does her shadow, Orange Fishie. But I want to eventually move them to a 120 gallon tank minimum.

Chiriko would be a nice name for the small common!

Beautiful Goldies :) All of them :) I agree about the pond and not being able to see them like we do in a tank though,But theres a Chinese restaurant that we go to a lot and it has a inside pond with some lovely koi in it that I love to sit near when were there :)

Beautiful Goldies :) All of them :) I agree about the pond and not being able to see them like we do in a tank though,But theres a Chinese restaurant that we go to a lot and it has a inside pond with some lovely koi in it that I love to sit near when were there :)

Yeah, but kois are bigger than shubunkins, and we got cats... :glare: But i could replace the bottom of the living room wall with glass and use it as a "window" to the outside pond LOL

Wait, that would REALLY be cool... :whatjust:

What gorgeous friends!!! I looove your fancies! So pretty!

The comets are going to look so lovely in your new pond. How exciting to have a pond in your new home! Can't wait to see photos!

Awww the feeders grew into real beauties!!! People who feed turtles goldfish :SmackBottom: how terribly unhealthy! and 4turtles in such a small tank, double :SmackBottom: (my turt tanks never smell)

Awwww and Ducky seems to be having a huge growth spurt!!! :heart

:rofl2 Federica! I knew I'd be hearing from you about the turtles...

I can't imagine how all those creatures survived for so long in those conditions, but as well all know, goldies can be increadibly resilient. And when I said the water stank, it was no understatement.

:wub: Aww, really?! I would love for my little Duckles to be having a growth spurt. He has been growing new wen lately...

A pond, how nice! I don't think I'd ever want to keep my two single tails in a pond. Hugo is way too pretty to only be seen when going outside :D She definitely gotta stay inside, and so does her shadow, Orange Fishie. But I want to eventually move them to a 120 gallon tank minimum.

Chiriko would be a nice name for the small common!

I can understand where you're comming from. Hugo is definitely too pretty for the pond! He must be admired properly! And a 120 would be a dream. :9

Thanks for the name suggestion, I'm all for Japanese names, as you may already be able to tell... :rolleyes:

I suppose he's officially Chiriko! It sounds cute, and fitting.

What gorgeous friends!!! I looove your fancies! So pretty!

The comets are going to look so lovely in your new pond. How exciting to have a pond in your new home! Can't wait to see photos!

:thanks Lola_Granola!

I know, I really can't wait to release them. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I can. :)

Edited by Kateana

Thanks shellbell4ever. ;)

A indoor pond sounds lovely, I know I'd sit by it on every visit if I could; I'd probably spend my dinner time oogling at the fish rather than eating though! :rolleyes:

Edited by Kateana

It's always so great to hear from all you guys!

They all look so healthy and happy! ;)

Goodness how much do I love your fancies?..............LOADS!!!!!! Just look at their cheeks! :heart

Aw, thanks Becs! I know, I adore the wenned varieties mostly because of their chubby cheeks. :D

I LOVE Ducky! Can I have a clone? Congrats on the rescues, they look great.

:P Of course! Let me fix one up for you in the lab! :D

He really is irresistible, isn't he? :wub:

Thanks for the congratulations, they really are some wonderful, lucky goldies.

;heart I looooove them! My faves would have to be Tama and Kana! Very pretty.

Hey there Tay!

Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

I'm glad you like Tama...sometimes I wonder if she will lose her red cap like Kazumi did. :blink:

For now though, it's nice having a red cap and a pure white Comet to enjoy. I think out of the Common/Comet school, Kazumi is my favorite.

Yay I was creative when thinking of a name! W00t! Nothing wrong with Japanese names, as you see one of mine got one as well. :D

And thanks for the compliments for Hugo! She sure appreciates it. Typical woman. LOL

:Congrats: Yup, you're the name winner! :D Thanks again Fang for helping out.

Kana is beautiful. Probably one of the best looking Orandas I've seen. :)

:thanks

I suppose I can't help but agree on that note :rolleyes:

She was left over from a GC auction, I really could'nt believe it. And I was over the moon when I found out I had won her, I though for sure people would be bidding on her because of her unique color patterning.