Hello From A Houston Newbie :-) Pics

rlw

So after waiting patiently for a year and searching I finally found the orandas that I wanted. I got 4 lemonheads and 1 solid white. The LFS had a tank with about 25 in it(it was hard picking only 5). Then I went back the next day and got 2 more that I really liked that are bigger with white and orange on them. Right now I have my four favorites in a 40g breeder and the other 3 in a 15g...I know I know...waiting for my 75g stand to get here so I can put them all together in the 75g. I've been reading these forums since I got home with the fish so I went out and bought an aquaclear 110 for the 40g and an aquaclear 30 for the 15g, as soon as I set up the 75g I will be adding two aquaclear 110's to it. So here are some pics and video. Tell me what you think. oh yeah...the 75g WILL be bare bottom :-)

Dodi and Himie

2010-10-16201722221.jpg

Kissy and Whitie

2010-10-16201548541.jpg

15g

2010-10-18201433041.jpg

My link Video of the 40g.

My link Video of the 15g.

:welcome Your new fish are lovely and it sounds like you're learning well to take wonderful care of them :) Are your tanks cycled? If not, it's a good idea to do daily water tests and water changes to keep ammonia and nitrite down :)

Congrats.gifThey are beautifulwub.gifKeep a VERY sharp eye on the water params in that 15g ! It is only big enough for 1 of them ! I take it you just set this up,and the tank is uncycled? And the stand will arrive soon?

The tanks have been up and running for awhile...the 40g was going to be my second 40g betta sorority. The 15g was a tank that I had for a male betta awhile ago. I have a test kit and have been changing water and reading reading reading...lol.

Kissy got the name because he/she? has orange on her mouth ...looks like lipstick...lol...and Whitie...well..you know. Dodi and Himie are the names that my dogs had in the shelter before I adopted them...now they are Lizzy and Logan. The other 3 fish don't have names...kinda hard to name 3 fish that look EXACTLY the same.

Right. I'm terrible when it comes to naming fish. Additionally to "Orange Fishie" and "Blacky Fishie" I also have a pleco named "Sucky Fishie".

I better never have a kid or it will be named "tiny person" or something like that LOL

Hi Comet girl, I found them at Fish R Us in Conroe. They seem to have some pretty bad reviews online but I liked the selection of goldfish they had. I will definately be going back.

http://www.fishrushouston.com/

Fish R Us

10855 Highway 242

Conroe, TX 77385-4345

(936) 321-3474