Lime Time

Thanks guys!

That big lug on the left is about 8" tip-to-tip and the body is about 2-1/2" tall...and a male. The other 2 are females and the big one in the middle is what started all this. She's a 10cent feeder fish, now about 5 years old I think.

Most cool! We've just gotten a clip for our friends. I had no idea they were fans of limes! Good thing to load them up on vitamin C before cold and flu season huh? sun.gif

Thanks for all the compliments!

Yes, they love oranges, lemons, limes, and I also feed them slices of cucumber, shelled pees (organic canned pre-cooked pees), and I recently bought a jar of finely chopped garlic and I smash that a little bit on a plate and drop that in with the pees. These are all just occasional afternoon snacks.

I cut 'em pretty thin, like probably less than 1/8th inch, so the fish can "shark" out bites that are small enough that they can eat. When they're done, all that's left is the webbing of the orange/lemon/lime, and the outside rhind. If I leave it in overnight, they'll work on the white stuff on the inside of the rhind which is rich in bioflanenoids (if a person bruises easily, bioflavanoids really help strengthen blood vessel walls so they don't rupture so easily, which is what causes bruising) which is a really good nutrient.

It's really funny giving them lemon or lime because they make faces while chewing it...and then go back for more like a kid eating sour patch candy.

Mine ate strawberries, but I was worried about the seeds, so I only gave them the inner fruit....which turned into sort of a pain in the butt.

Same here, I didn't want to give them the outer part with the little seeds, so I chopped the strawberry into tiny bite sized pieces - which were going right into the fishies mouths just to be spit back out a couple seconds later, then floated right toward the filter intake and almost clogged the whole thing up :doh11: