Poop Question

Guest Mike and Linda

Guest Mike and Linda

Just curious about my fish poop. I feed the same green gel to both fish and one poops green and one poops light brown is that ok? I always thought that the poo is suppose to be the color of their food.

Did you feed them anything else before the peas? Sounds normal to me. Any shots of the poop? As long as it is not white and stringy, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Guest Mike and Linda

I did not feed any peas just regular green gel. There are no white string poo just short green and brown. I did not feed anything else that would make the poo brown. I will not worry about it thanks for your answer.

Guest Mike and Linda

I only posted because I know that they should poop the color of their food but this fish is pooping a totally different color than the food but not white and string. Green food brown short poop. I should be ok than.

My wife just reminded me the brown might be coming from the brown algae on the sponge filter. He does nibble on the sponge filter alot and the sponge filter is a little brown in colour. Thanks again.

• Admin

Yeah long poo trailing from a fish is sometimes a sign of constipation. If your fish nibble on the sponge filter the poop can be in the brown color, I have 2 fish that do this and there poop sometimes is a mix of green and brown :lol