Meet Esme :-)

Ok so after losing Pumpkin my plan was to hold off on another fish purchase until my big tank is set up and cycled - however I found an AMAZING new lfs Saturday and on my second visit Sunday I just couldn't resist this little lady, it's like she was calling to me rubbing her cute little face up against the side of the tank!!

th_Esme.jpg

I kept trying to take pictures of her but my camera is terrible and she literally doesn't stop moving so I resorted to a video! She's called Esme and I'm pretty sure she's a girl - she's the first member of my all tele tank :heart Speaking of which, I'm going to pick up my new (new to me anyway!) 43 gallon tank and stand tonight - cannot wait!!

Thanks everyone, I absolutely love her! After losing Pumpkin I told myself I wouldn't get attached right away - fat chance, haha! I really love her coloring, I so hope her fins stay black!

I just got back with her new tank too, I'll post a picture in a minute :)

Devilduck - She's actually named after Esme Cullen from the Twilight books as my fish with vampire names seem to survive! Though I do love Terry Pratchett's books too! I'm now resorting to superstition to keep my fish alive and well, haha!

Here's Esme's new tank, I just picked it up tonight :)

tank.jpg

I'm currently trying to decide whether to fishless cycle it or move Esme as soon as it's set up. I need an additional filter and media first though so I have a few days to think about it.

I'm soooooo excited to have it all set up!!!

P.s. Please excuse the dog toys and beds - my fish room is also my study and the dogs' bedroom!

Edited by Kymie

Oh My!! She's a Beauty :) and I love the name too :) her little qt tank is cute too how I would love a little tank like that next to my puter :) Congrats on the new addition :) I hope she keeps her coloring for you :) And congrats on the new tank setup as well looking forward to seeing it all set up with fish in it :)

Thanks guys :) She's such a little sweetie, I can't wait to get home and see her later! Today I ordered an additional filter, bio rings, filter sponge and filter floss for the hood filter, fishing line for tying down plants and sticky velcro strips for adding a background - my hobby is hitting my bank account pretty hard this week but I just can't wait to get this tank set up! I still need (want/need, same thing!) some Anubias, quartz rocks and a background so that's my task for the weekend! Tonight I'm going to start cleaning everything up as the tank and hood filter are pretty grimy :blink:

WOW.....a beautiful new Goldie and now a new tank, what a great week!!!

I know! It's been an awesome few days!! And it's my birthday Friday so I get to eat cake too! Pretty fish + new tank + cake = heaven! :happydance

YESSSS! I knew it was Esme from Twilight!!! I LOVE the name and I LOVE the little one! :Congrats:

Now you just need Dr.Cullen, Alice etc etc etc and Edward :heart

YESSSS! I knew it was Esme from Twilight!!! I LOVE the name and I LOVE the little one! :Congrats:

Now you just need Dr.Cullen, Alice etc etc etc and Edward :heart

Hehe thanks! :) I plan on getting Carlisle next - there's a white telescope with orange fins at my lfs at the moment, I think he'd make a good Carlisle :bingo: I just hope he's a boy and that he's still there when my new tank is set up! I figure with vampire names my fish just aren't allowed to get sick or die!!

:rofl Just don't put a human in there or it might get bloody :rofl

Ah but the Cullens are vegetarian vampires, it's my dogs I should worry about! Tiny vampire goldfish vs. 2 small and cute but slightly pathetic cavvies - my money is on the killer fish :rofl