Two Newbies

Sakura

maho1.jpgmaho2.jpg

I think this one is female, but I'm not 100% sure. If she's really a girl, her name will be Maho!

chiba1.jpgchiba2.jpg

I'm afraid I may not have quite met reserve on this one (although I had the highest bid), but I'm going to tell Ken I'll meet the reserve whatever it is. I think I was close. I'm pretty sure this one's a boy. His name is Chiba! To me his color is more yellow, which I think is neat because the Chinese Emperor used to restrict anyone but the royal family from keeping yellow colored carp.

I'm way too excited! I can't concentrate on studying at all! :tbanana

Edited by Sakura

Sakura they're gorgeous! I really love the red one... I love how the colouring in the dorsal fin perfectly matches the tail.

Those eyes are hypnotic!

Edited by Migaloo

Thanks for sharing in my excitement guys! I just can't wait for them to get here. They're pretty large. The red is 6.75 inches, and the yellow is 6+ inches. (including tails) They will dwarf my others!

Congrats.gif They're both gorgeous! I'm super envious, I wish Ken would ship to Canada! I wouldn't be able to study either!

Check out the fish sempai! fishsempai.com

Depending on where you live in Canada, you might be able to order some super nice goldies from him :)

Oh wow...look at those two :) Congrats! Can't wait to see your pics of them. Are they the ones that you have to have held for a bit?

Well I ended up seeding the tank with old media (which I am a bit nervous about), but then I plan to run the UV on the tank for a week hoping that will clear up any possible nasties. The fish will be getting here within two weeks, because that's all the longer he can hold them for me. I'm also going to be getting a couple more, either in the next auction, or just by asking what he has. I want a couple calico types. :D

How gorgeous!!! I love them both, but the yellow one I think is very unusual and I love that. His dorsal fin looks like a mohawk to me for some reason. I also dig that! Hee hee!

Can't wait to see them in their new home! Good luck with your tank prep!

I like the yellow one very much, owing to the big hump on its back. And their dorsal fins demonstrated that they're healthy and it seems that they are powerful! By the way, you know a lot about China?

"Chinese Emperor used to restrict anyone but the royal family from keeping yellow colored carp. " Really? I never heard of that.

But it indeed that the emperor's goldfish were very different from others'. Maybe you are right. Specialized experts raised the goldfish for the royal family. Commom persons can't see the royal fish.

Hey FromChina! I don't actually know a whole lot about China, but I remembered reading that in a couple different places about the yellow carp fish :) They said that's why the yellow color in goldfish is relatively uncommon still today- because its breeding was so restricted before. Maybe it's just folklore, but either way it's a fun little story!

I sure hope they are super healthy and powerful like you say!