A Shallow Water Treatment Plan For Floaty...

Wendy

Rog is on metromeds and 3% salt in a ten gallon ....what would be a shallow water treatment plan to cure the floats?

Have tried peas and fasting with no variation in his floatiness. He doesn't flip and he can forage at the bottom for several minutes but it is like he gets tired and rests at the surface.

Rog is on metromeds and 3% salt in a ten gallon ....what would be a shallow water treatment plan to cure the floats?

Have tried peas and fasting with no variation in his floatiness. He doesn't flip and he can forage at the bottom for several minutes but it is like he gets tired and rests at the surface.

Lionchu is the master of this, and can be more specific, but the idea is to put the fish in shallow water of 6" or less, keep the water really clean, and then as he becomes "unfloaty" gradually raise the water level. I am trying this right now in a 29 G tank with one of my floaty/flippy fish. It helped her once before, but short term. I think I have a long term problem, though and this time does not seem to be helping as much,. She can swim, but flips at rest--but I 'll stick with it and see. I am also going to try putting aquarium plants in there, to see if a natural nibbling diet makes a difference. I have my doubts, but I found something about this online and am willing to try anything if it will help.

The fact that he is not flipping yet seems good to me--early intervention may put you in a better position than what I am in now--fingers crossed!

Lionchu is the master of this, and can be more specific, but the idea is to put the fish in shallow water of 6" or less, keep the water really clean, and then as he becomes "unfloaty" gradually raise the water level. I am trying this right now in a 29 G tank with one of my floaty/flippy fish. It helped her once before, but short term. I think I have a long term problem, though and this time does not seem to be helping as much,. She can swim, but flips at rest--but I 'll stick with it and see. I am also going to try putting aquarium plants in there, to see if a natural nibbling diet makes a difference. I have my doubts, but I found something about this online and am willing to try anything if it will help.

The fact that he is not flipping yet seems good to me--early intervention may put you in a better position than what I am in now--fingers crossed!

Me,master?? :rofl Spillie recommendation is worth a try, also have an open mind.